Taillow

Swellow

*Tweak 1 Modified Taillow's wings*

*Tweak 2 Thinned and Redid there wings*

*Tweak 3 Moved feathers around*

*Tweak 4 Adjusted Swellow's head feathers*

By Il_Lupo
#138319 That looks fantastic; well done, one of my favourite birds :D

Maybe try to add a bit more texture to the wings, just some bumps for feathers.
By Il_Lupo
#138322 Add some bumps for feathers. You can just grab a face and pull it out a little to make some bumps, or you can sculpt the bumps to look rounder.
By Il_Lupo
#138325 I don't really see the difference..
By karrybird
#138337 The bodies on both look great, but it's just the open wings that bother me a bit. They should be longer and thinner, especially for the type of bird that these two are. The feathers should also be spread more at the ends rather than bend backwards like they are.
I drew up the basic shape they should be, it's not exact, but it's what i'm trying to get across.

By karrybird
#138368 It's better, but you could still make some more adjustments to them. Sometimes when modeling these, it's really helpful to look at pictures of the real animal the pokemon is based on, especially when tailow looks identical to it's real life counterpart.
The wings are much more straight along the top and never really bend in the air (of course they do fold their wings a bit to pick up speed, but that can be done in animation if need be).
Pokemon feathers generally aren't as neatly in line and together as real birds though, so don't really worry about that. They do however look really thin and weak on your model, and wings overall are a bit too short too.
This can apply to both actually, but i think just drawing over swellow's should be enough to illustrate my point.
JOIN THE TEAM