By Braincabinet
SPG wrote:
Braincabinet wrote:
MrMasochism wrote:the problem with the maya model is that you've just used primitives and stuck them together rather than manipulating the mesh to give a better approximation of shape

i am uncertain as to what you mean.
would you care to elaborate ?

also im sorry there has been no progress lately, I am on vacation.

he said you took basic geometry (shapes) and just put them together like taking 2 spheres and put thme right next to each other, instead, you take pieces of a sphere, cube what ever, and move it around to what you want it to look like, think of it like clay on the computer but easier to redo

i understand but i did make the basic geometries and slap them together and then i painstakingly dragged each vertex to fit. what is the problem with that?
does the entire thing have to be one entity in the program?
im not sure i see the problem with individual segments rather than one Blob with 200000 vertexes. it just seems like a very slow inefficient and painful way of doing it.

also no one has stated anything they would have improved on the back feet so i am going to assume they are OK and proceed to make the front feet.

and then in a while i might have him finished and textured

By MrMasochism
#63456 The reason why I think it looks bad is that it doesn't look like mudkip, it rather looks like a sphere with another sphere attached with 2 rectangles sticking out of it and some weird triangular things underneath.
By Il_Lupo
#63511 It's actually pretty easy to mold the shape into a more realistic body. Just extend from each vertice and fill in the gaps as you make them. Then you can twist and pull bits and bobs around to everyone's satisfaction.
By Reinen
#83029 Sorry But This is a bad mudkip, if i went in pixelmon and see all these pokemon that are well made and we are in 1.6.4 beta so once it comes to the public we see all these 3 dimensional non layered of square and rectangle pokemon we see this weird deformed creature with mudkip designs sorry for the harshness...
JOIN THE TEAM