By Braincabinet
#47268 Me and my friend made a mudkip what do you think ?
https://imageshack.com/i/ndmrznp
if the picture below doesnt work

Made the model larger.
made a small modification until now on the head only is this the right way to go ?
Spoiler:

attempt in maya
Spoiler:

By Braincabinet
#47276 this was made in techne and it was my first attempt using techne, i have previously tried at modeling weapons for Rune halls of valhalla with milkshape so i hope its atleast decent.

my friend skinned him in photoshop cs5 i think.

and about the legs well i figured he had to be like that to get the slanted body type he kinda has.
By zero_breaker
#47299 first off, DO NOT USE BLACK OUTLINE.
The contrast is way too glaring, and that the model don't even need a outline.
The legs look a bit too long, too thin as well.
The whole model looks blocky, so I suggest you to make the model larger to add some more features.
By Braincabinet
#47385 allright, ehm does that mean you make him smaller in the code?
because i read somewhere that you wanted them to be made after the height specifications on bulbapedia, and i figure one block in minecraft is 1 square meter.
so that makes my mudkip a little to big since he is about " 60 centimeters without the fin" and bulbapedia said around 40 cm i think.
By SPG
Braincabinet wrote:allright, ehm does that mean you make him smaller in the code?
because i read somewhere that you wanted them to be made after the height specifications on bulbapedia, and i figure one block in minecraft is 1 square meter.
so that makes my mudkip a little to big since he is about " 60 centimeters without the fin" and bulbapedia said around 40 cm i think.

you read that wrong, they are scaled in code to fit those specifications, you dont make them like that, so yes, we scale them down in code
By Braincabinet
zero_breaker wrote:first off, DO NOT USE BLACK OUTLINE. gotcha

The contrast is way too glaring ,and that the model don't even need a outline. please elaborate ?

The legs look a bit too long, too thin as well. allright so make him more stumpy?

The whole model looks blocky, so I suggest you to make the model larger to add some more features. make him twice the size ?

something along those lines i suppose ?

i wish for a few more oppinions before i start editing.
By The_Nanobots
Braincabinet wrote:
zero_breaker wrote:first off, DO NOT USE BLACK OUTLINE. gotcha

The contrast is way too glaring ,and that the model don't even need a outline. please elaborate ?

The legs look a bit too long, too thin as well. all right so make him more stumpy?

The whole model looks blocky, so I suggest you to make the model larger to add some more features. make him twice the size ?

something along those lines i suppose ?

i wish for a few more opinions before i start editing.

Ok I agree 100% with what zero_breaker said. Is that enough options for you?
By Ewcongogamer
#47488 Another thing I noticed that we were forgetting is that the model needs to be touching the block that is in techne or it would be a floating model
By The_Nanobots
Ewcongogamer wrote:Another thing I noticed that we were forgetting is that the model needs to be touching the block that is in techne or it would be a floating model

No it doesn't... That is fixed in the code.
JOIN THE TEAM