By I_master_mind_I
#54271 yes finally someone models him and a great model in my opinion good proportions only problem i see is the actual face cheeks under the spikes I know there gonna be added but im sure a good texture can bring them out so keep up th good work
By gamingnut2
#54452 i keep coming back to his and thinking that the techne version is way to blocky, but then the maya has a mix of too round and to blocky, try asking another maya modeler what poly count is best for the closest roundness acquirable.
By SPG
#54475 as long as it is the same, or lower as gengar, i dont care, it will look the same in game minus some cave ins due to techne
By MrMasochism
#54483 the problem with the maya model is that you've just used primitives and stuck them together rather than manipulating the mesh to give a better approximation of shape
By Braincabinet
MrMasochism wrote:the problem with the maya model is that you've just used primitives and stuck them together rather than manipulating the mesh to give a better approximation of shape

i am uncertain as to what you mean.
would you care to elaborate ?

also im sorry there has been no progress lately, I am on vacation.
By SPG
Braincabinet wrote:
MrMasochism wrote:the problem with the maya model is that you've just used primitives and stuck them together rather than manipulating the mesh to give a better approximation of shape

i am uncertain as to what you mean.
would you care to elaborate ?

also im sorry there has been no progress lately, I am on vacation.

he said you took basic geometry (shapes) and just put them together like taking 2 spheres and put thme right next to each other, instead, you take pieces of a sphere, cube what ever, and move it around to what you want it to look like, think of it like clay on the computer but easier to redo
By Dark Prinplup
#58960 In maya looks great!
By Vespirs
#59748 The model has evolved over that first mudkip model, the techne one. I agree with all the previous suggestions of improvement, and I can't wait for the model to be finnished. I think with some effort, and time, this model could be amazing. Good luck! =D
Byrotebrotobias
#62872 please use the mudkip he made
JOIN THE TEAM