By StopherSylvia
#65644 I made a Metang, but two versions of it. The Body/Head is the only difference between the two.
V1 has more polys to it so V2 would be easier on Minecraft. V1 is rounder and looks nicer. V2 has eye sockets instead of just texture on. Tell me which on looks better.

Anybody that knows how to make a poll, it would would be appreciated if you told me.

V1

V2

I will make the armature later and I already have a shiny texture ready.

Update August 5 2013 8:30 PM

I have decided to go with V2. I moved the eyes to a better postion and enlarged the nose/face spike. I gave it the stripes it has in the official art work.

Front
Spoiler:

Side
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiny
Spoiler:

If anybody knows how to cross out text (put a line through it) i would appreciate telling me cause i think it would be more effective than red text.

By StopherSylvia
SPG wrote:i keep forgetting to bring this up, but dont rig your models, they wont show up in minecraft

I Have been going off of the Blender Animation process and u need to rig your characters to move them, don't the animators need the models to be rigged so they can animate it?

not that I'm against not rigging them a lot less work for me
By SPG
#65648 no, in minecraft how we animate for objs is that we take apart the model and then stick them together in code and rotate all the separated parts
By StopherSylvia
SPG wrote:no, in minecraft how we animate for objs is that we take apart the model and then stick them together in code and rotate all the separated parts

Ok I'll take the Armature off my models, you should probally put that in the modeling guide section
By Css1234567890123
#65765 Could we have some side, behind, bottom and top views please?
By KuryoZT
#65773 I prefer the second version though, and yeah, side views.
Also could you add the lines one its body? It's really bland without them.
By Vespirs
#65823 His eyes look way off to me. Somewhat cartoony, even though I realize that pokemon is a cartoon, these eyes just don't look right. :/
By StopherSylvia
Css1234567890123 wrote:Could we have some side, behind, bottom and top views please?

I was waiting to see what people thought about V1 and V2. Ill do that today
By StopherSylvia
Vespirs wrote:His eyes look way off to me. Somewhat cartoony, even though I realize that pokemon is a cartoon, these eyes just don't look right. :/

I was using the model from Pokemon battle revolution as reference. The pupils look to small and I'm trying of fix it.
JOIN THE TEAM