By jmh44
#69214 oh my bad, caps lock >.< im a nub
By Edeodin
Vespirs wrote:
karrybird wrote:the one thing i don't like is the position of the arms, i'm not sure why everyone is making them so they stick out awkwardly to the side like that...

We're supposed to make them in a neutral position ...

Hmmm unless things have changed again, neutral position doesn't mean t-posed. It's just whatever position that Pokemon would call its default stance. For Kirlia, I guess that would be arms bent in front of her like a ballerina since that's how she stands in the official artwork and most game sprites. But you could also put her arms at rest so long as it wouldn't rotate through her skirt. The animation system right now just rotates the limbs and can't actually re-pose them, so her arms would just move as if she were an airplane in-game.
By Vespirs
Edeodin wrote:
Vespirs wrote:
karrybird wrote:the one thing i don't like is the position of the arms, i'm not sure why everyone is making them so they stick out awkwardly to the side like that...

Hmmm unless things have changed again, neutral position doesn't mean t-posed. It's just whatever position that Pokemon would call its default stance. For Kirlia, I guess that would be arms bent in front of her like a ballerina since that's how she stands in the official artwork and most game sprites. But you could also put her arms at rest so long as it wouldn't rotate through her skirt. The animation system right now just rotates the limbs and can't actually re-pose them, so her arms would just move as if she were an airplane in-game.

SPG Repositions the arms for T models ;)
By Edeodin
Vespirs wrote:SPG Repositions the arms for T models ;)

Ah ok. Do I have to pay him in pineapples first? ;)

Also Gallade looks great. I feel like his legs could be spaced out a tad more though? Not too much since that might make his walking animation awkward... but he seems to always have a wide stance, even in the 3D games.
By SPG
Edeodin wrote:
Vespirs wrote:SPG Repositions the arms for T models ;)

Ah ok. Do I have to pay him in pineapples first? ;)

bro, i get payed with more then just pineapples if you know what i mean

i also get watermellon : D everythign after that is just icing on the cake

but in all seriousness, I do open up all objs and have to fix a few things about them so it will work with mc and animation
By karrybird
Vespirs wrote:

....yeah i know...that's not neutral at all.
neutral would be arms resting at the side, legs spread just slightly, exactly how you would see the pokemon when it is standing idle. just try to imagine this in game, it would look really ridiculous to see it with it's arms always sticking out like that...
JOIN THE TEAM