By StopherSylvia
#70484 Finally Finished this evolutionary branch.

Front:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Back:
Spoiler:

Shiny:
Spoiler:

I have a question for the animators, his leg connections currently go straight out from his body, is this the neutral pose? Or should I lower the body and angle the connections, I'm not sure cause its such a small detail I don't know if it matters. Also should I (I'm fine with extra work) give him a jaw and mouth? It Because it's always closed unless it's roaring I left this model without one and the pixelmon pokemon tend not to have a roaring animation.

By Kyiv
#70488 Could you slant the arms/legs? or will they get animated like kind of slanted?
By StopherSylvia
Kyiv wrote:Could you slant the arms/legs? or will they get animated like kind of slanted?

I would imagine that would occur in animation cause as he walks or stands he bobs up and down
By Il_Lupo
#70584 Metagross doesn't really bob up and down, it stays level and its legs walk like a spider's legs do.
By StopherSylvia
Il_Lupo wrote:Metagross doesn't really bob up and down, it stays level and its legs walk like a spider's legs do.

Yeah I watched a video and your right, but I still think that when he would jump his body would move higher up on the legs, and the connections and legs aren't one part an animator could just make the connections tilt unless Minecrafts animation player thing is the worst one ever. I count this as a neutral pose.
By Il_Lupo
#70608 It really doesn't look good this way. I mean, it's made of metal, the thing needs to be bowing under its own weight.
By StopherSylvia
Il_Lupo wrote:It really doesn't look good this way. I mean, it's made of metal, the thing needs to be bowing under its own weight.

Figured that it would be done in animation, but how's this:
Spoiler:
By Il_Lupo
#70626 Ahhh, that looks so much better! Thank you!

Now, those arms.. Something still bugs me about them. I don't know, I'll look at some pics and get back to you. But so far, well done, steel types are so hard to do with all of their unique bumps and lumpiness :D
By StopherSylvia
Il_Lupo wrote:Ahhh, that looks so much better! Thank you!

Now, those arms.. Something still bugs me about them. I don't know, I'll look at some pics and get back to you. But so far, well done, steel types are so hard to do with all of their unique bumps and lumpiness :D

Steel types aren't as bad as Regirock, he is so asymmetric and random and yet specific enough where if you made the one his body shapes are slightly larger it can easily be noticed
JOIN THE TEAM