By Nova Spartan
Il_Lupo wrote:I'd suggest putting a seam around the area the eyes go on and separating them from the body so you can focus on them properly.
That's not the issue i'm having, it's mainly just the shape I can't seem to get right.

By Dragonspainter
Nova Spartan wrote:I'm trying to texture the eyes correctly but am having trouble :/

Anyone have some sort of advice on how to make those eyes accurate using GIMP?

Luckily that's my specialty Nova xD

What seems to be the problem, making a good UV map or simply texturing the eyes?
By Nova Spartan
Dragonspainter wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:I'm trying to texture the eyes correctly but am having trouble :/

What seems to be the problem, making a good UV map or simply texturing the eyes?
Just texturing the shapes of the eyes accurately using GIMP.
By Dragonspainter
Nova Spartan wrote:
Dragonspainter wrote:

Just texturing the shapes of the eyes accurately using GIMP.

My suggestion would be to use a tool called "paths tool", it lets you create curved and straight lines really easily, after you layed down the path, click the button "stroke path" and select the line thickness c:
By Nova Spartan
#80354 Well, I sort of got the shape right.
Spoiler:

Somehow that took a long time, and of course i'm guessing the size still isn't big enough? I think I can easily fix that by moving the UV Map but I want to make sure that I should?

Also, should I use the smile I have? Or make it more of a smirk like one of the main pictures of him?
By Dragonspainter
Nova Spartan wrote:Well, I sort of got the shape right.
Spoiler:

Somehow that took a long time, and of course i'm guessing the size still isn't big enough? I think I can easily fix that by moving the UV Map but I want to make sure that I should?

Also, should I use the smile I have? Or make it more of a smirk like one of the main pictures of him?

The eyes should be a bit bigger, yes, and also you need to move them away from each other, they are to close together xD

and I think a smile looks fine, I just suggest making it slightly thinner c:
By Nova Spartan
Dragonspainter wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:Well, I sort of got the shape right.
Spoiler:

The eyes should be a bit bigger, yes, and also you need to move them away from each other, they are to close together xD

and I think a smile looks fine, I just suggest making it slightly thinner c:
Like this?

Spoiler:
By Dragonspainter
#80606 Eyes still need to be a little further apart still, like the reference picture I showed you xD
Spoiler:

And that mouth is adorable XD
By Nova Spartan
Dragonspainter wrote:Eyes still need to be a little further apart still, like the reference picture I showed you xD
Spoiler:

What about now lol?

Spoiler:
By Foquine
Nova Spartan wrote:
Dragonspainter wrote:Eyes still need to be a little further apart still, like the reference picture I showed you xD
Spoiler:

What about now lol?

Spoiler:

YES! You got it! Now outlines just a little thicker and that's probably it (texture-wise). Just hope it won't mess up eye-distance..
JOIN THE TEAM