By Nova Spartan
#79915 I decided I needed a break from trying to make Sableye, Sealeo, and Claydol and since I for some reason think Bannette is awesome I thought I might as well get his first form out of the way. This only took but a few minutes to put together, but because so many pictures look different I wasn't sure if i'm done yet which is why the texture is messed up. Plus, his main color may be wrong, he looks grey in Battle revolution...

But anyway, it's not the best model but it's what I have so far...

Front View:
Spoiler:

Left Side View:
Spoiler:

Back View:
Spoiler:

Right View:
Spoiler:

Top View:
Spoiler:

Bottom View:
Spoiler:

So, some stuff is off because every reference picture was different...but yeah. Also, if someone else wants to, feel free to make Banette because I really don't think i'm capable of making him yet.

By Dragonspainter
#80109 Bwa, sorry it took me a day or so to comment, but I was busy x.x

But It looks good nova! :D

Only three things are standing out to me on this model:

1. Try to to make the bottom part slope outwards more gradually, currently that sharp angle looks a little out of place, add another loop cut with a little editing and I think It will look much better. Also try making the body shorter, I know in a lot of fanart his body is quite long, but in the offical art his body is quite stubby xD
2. Make the top spike larger, currently its quite small, however the size varies from picture to picture, so it could actually be fine, but I still suggest you make it larger xD

3. Make the eyes bigger! Shuppet has quite large eyes, and you should add a thicker black rim around the eye c:
By Nova Spartan
Dragonspainter wrote:Bwa, sorry it took me a day or so to comment, but I was busy x.x

1. Try to to make the bottom part slope outwards more gradually, currently that sharp angle looks a little out of place, add another loop cut with a little editing and I think It will look much better. Also try making the body shorter, I know in a lot of fanart his body is quite long, but in the offical art his body is quite stubby xD
2. Make the top spike larger, currently its quite small, however the size varies from picture to picture, so it could actually be fine, but I still suggest you make it larger xD

3. Make the eyes bigger! Shuppet has quite large eyes, and you should add a thicker black rim around the eye c:
So, sort of like this?
Spoiler:

I know the bottom part is still pointy, I forgot to fix that. It should only take two seconds to fix.
Also, i'm not going to fix the texture until the model is fixed completely. Thanks for the feedback :D

EDIT: To be honest, i've never used the loop and cut thing before. The bottom area looks ALOT better now.
Spoiler:
By Dragonspainter
Nova Spartan wrote:
Dragonspainter wrote:Bwa, sorry it took me a day or so to comment, but I was busy x.x

So, sort of like this?
Spoiler:

I know the bottom part is still pointy, I forgot to fix that. It should only take two seconds to fix.
Also, i'm not going to fix the texture until the model is fixed completely. Thanks for the feedback :D

EDIT: To be honest, i've never used the loop and cut thing before. The bottom area looks ALOT better now.
Spoiler:

That does look alot better nova! : D

Can you give me a better view of the spike on top?
By Nova Spartan
Dragonspainter wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:

So, sort of like this?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That does look alot better nova! : D

Can you give me a better view of the spike on top?
Oh, sorry about that lol. Here:
Spoiler:

Did you mean like this, or a closeup of the top? Also, thanks :D
By Il_Lupo
#80211 Also, make the eyes so they aren't directly in the corners. Let them be slightly further back than that, or it looks cross-eyed ;D
By Nova Spartan
Il_Lupo wrote:Also, make the eyes so they aren't directly in the corners. Let them be slightly further back than that, or it looks cross-eyed ;D
Yeah, the issue with that was that the uv map for that area was upside down when I textured it. I'm going to re-texture the whole thing once it's ready.
By Foquine
#80228 I feel like the eyes should be closer and outlines should be thicker.
By Nova Spartan
#80258 I'm trying to texture the eyes correctly but am having trouble :/

Anyone have some sort of advice on how to make those eyes accurate using GIMP?
By Il_Lupo
#80259 I'd suggest putting a seam around the area the eyes go on and separating them from the body so you can focus on them properly.
JOIN THE TEAM