By Nova Spartan
#82839 I'm quite proud of myself for finishing this, I think I may have actually done a good job so far.

Keep in mind the texture is a placeholder, I want to perfect the model before I attempt this texture. (I may need someone else to do this one, it looks like this UV map is going to be hard :P)

Front View:
Spoiler:

Left Side:
Spoiler:

Back View:
Spoiler:

Right Side:
Spoiler:

Top View:
Spoiler:

Bottom View:
Spoiler:

What do you guys think so far?

Update with (mostly) finished texture:

Front View:
Spoiler:

Left Side:
Spoiler:

Back View:
Spoiler:

Right Side:
Spoiler:

Top View:
Spoiler:

Random View:
Spoiler:

The texture is NOT done due to a few minor details (I had trouble with the grey stripe around his legs) and neither is the model.

I also made his head not stick forward as much to be more accurate to what Torkoal actually looks like. I also added his eyes. I'm overall proud of myself and pretty confident for once :D

What do you guys think?

Update (12/4/2013):

Front View:
Spoiler:

Left Side:
Spoiler:

Back View:
Spoiler:

Right Side:
Spoiler:

Random View:
Spoiler:

I fixed most of the details that needed to be fixed, the neck is now changed, the mouth is now the right way (may be difficult to see), and a few various changes.

By KIRILL_Z
#82840 Nice, but from the top view something seems off. also. the cloud it has floating over it, would that be particles, like ghastly?
Spoiler:
By Nova Spartan
KIRILL_Z wrote:Nice, but from the top view something seems off. also. the cloud it has floating over it, would that be particles, like ghastly?
Spoiler:
I don't see what you're talking about, though is it related to the head and neck area? I've been trying to work on making his head not look as weird as it does.

As for his smoke, I don't think he usually has smoke around him, not from what I remember in battle revolution. Though, it would be cool to have some smoke come out of his back every once and awhile using particles like he does in some of his pictures.
By Zilcor
#82856 The tail seems kind of weird to me. Make it more curvy maybe?
By Kmerr
#82876 Head needs to be bigger
By Nova Spartan
Zilcor wrote:The tail seems kind of weird to me. Make it more curvy maybe?

I don't see the problem, but better?

Spoiler:

Kmerr wrote:Head needs to be bigger

Before I try to change this, I need to know, is the neck too long? I think it would be better if I slightly shorten the neck and then enlarge the head. Should I do that or is the neck fine?
By Nova Spartan
tkgamer18 wrote:Nice model but make the neck a little shorter.
Spoiler:

Does it look better now? I think it does.
By KuryoZT
#82992 Well, the length is still a bit too small, because in artworks the neck is weirdly slanted. It goes straight up, so the head ends up near the main body part. But it's above it, yours seems like it'd be the same height.
And, I do think you noticed already, but it's missing some things in the texture haha.

EDIT: just re-read your first post, it's a place holder, so yeah, you'll tackle those eyes and lines afterward. Good luck with that.
By Nova Spartan
KuryoZT wrote:Well, the length is still a bit too small, because in artworks the neck is weirdly slanted. It goes straight up, so the head ends up near the main body part. But it's above it, yours seems like it'd be the same height.
And, I do think you noticed already, but it's missing some things in the texture haha.

EDIT: just re-read your first post, it's a place holder, so yeah, you'll tackle those eyes and lines afterward. Good luck with that.
In Battle Revolution his neck is more forward than straight up I think, also I tried making his neck go straight up and it did not look right at all lol. Though it may have just been the way I did it. I'll see what I can do.

But yeah, this texturing is NOT going to be fun at all, whenever I do it at least...
JOIN THE TEAM