By Nova Spartan
Nokuse wrote:NICE!! Hey just as a word on critique, I love the model, however it seems you have the shell continuing under the belly and from what i can see in all the official art it is just like the rings on his limbs, a coloration of his skin not a continuation of the shell. Also if you could some how make the curve at the base of his neck a little smoother so it doesnt come out then make a 90' curve that would be fantastic, it looks painful for my tortoise friend.
That's my fault for not showing a better angle.

The shell does in fact wrap around his skin instead of just being connected to it. It's not his skin suddenly colored grey.

See for yourself:
Spoiler:

As for his neck, i'll change that later seeing how that isn't too big of a deal.

Thanks for the feedback :D

By Nokuse
#89133 Awesome man, I will be adding a torkoal to my team in the future I hope. :3
By Nova Spartan
Nokuse wrote:Awesome man, I will be adding a torkoal to my team in the future I hope. :3
I hope so too :P

Also, it turns out I couldn't adjust the neck too much without it merging into other parts or without changing the shape of the neck. So I only made a slight change for now.

Anyway, aside from that, do you guys think Torkoal is ready for approval? Any last minute things I may need to do?
By karrybird
#89382 don't listen to tk, most of what he said shouldn't be changed.
instead of stating real reasons why this model is not ready, here are some pictures that i suggest you follow:
Image Image
By Nova Spartan
karrybird wrote:don't listen to tk, most of what he said shouldn't be changed.
instead of stating real reasons why this model is not ready, here are some pictures that i suggest you follow:
Image Image
Thanks.

It looks like my main issue is the head and neck. I assumed as much. I have to dramatically change the head shape. The mouth area is going to be the BIG problem for me. I'm not sure HOW i'm going to make it like the picture, let alone without needing to re-texture the whole thing.

How the heck am I going to do this? This is not going to be fun lol.
By joshua_DA
#89508 mmmmmm, for the neck, just make it a tad bit smoother curve and less of a 90 degree like bend like in the picture and for the head. For the mouth, theres already enough guide for that in karry's pics.

a tip to easily know where you're drawing the mouth since the mouth part is curved: make an outline on the mesh using edges! it works :D trust me. you can also see that same outline when uv mapping so no need to go guessing on how torkoal's mouth texture will shape like in the render :D
By Nova Spartan
joshua_DA wrote:mmmmmm, for the neck, just make it a tad bit smoother curve and less of a 90 degree like bend like in the picture and for the head. For the mouth, theres already enough guide for that in karry's pics.

a tip to easily know where you're drawing the mouth since the mouth part is curved: make an outline on the mesh using edges! it works :D trust me. you can also see that same outline when uv mapping so no need to go guessing on how torkoal's mouth texture will shape like in the render :D
Making the mouth isn't the problem, it's just getting the head to a shape where I can make the mouth is what the issue seems to be. This shouldn't be difficult for me at all, but it just is.

>_<
JOIN THE TEAM