By KIRILL_Z
#83040 Have fun finishing the texture :twisted:
By Nova Spartan
KuryoZT wrote:Well, the length is still a bit too small, because in artworks the neck is weirdly slanted. It goes straight up, so the head ends up near the main body part. But it's above it, yours seems like it'd be the same height.
And, I do think you noticed already, but it's missing some things in the texture haha.

EDIT: just re-read your first post, it's a place holder, so yeah, you'll tackle those eyes and lines afterward. Good luck with that.
Replying to this again so I can show you the version I made with his neck more upward like you said.

Spoiler:

It looks a little weird to me, but not that much. Anyway, that's as upwards as I can make it. How is it?

KIRILL_Z wrote:Have fun finishing the texture :twisted:
I haven't even started yet x_x
By joshua_DA
#88905 looks nice :D a few more fixes to the lines on his legs and a mouth and it's good to go.
By Nokuse
#88912 I hope to see it added soon, with the edits in place it looks really good, torkoal is one of my favorites so this would be a nice addition if approved.
By Nova Spartan
joshua_DA wrote:looks nice :D a few more fixes to the lines on his legs and a mouth and it's good to go.

I fixed the lines on the legs the best I could, the part of the UV map for his legs so that made it difficult. It still isn't perfect but I think (hope) I did good enough.

Now as for the mouth, I moved the part under his head upwards to make the shape of his mouth.

Here's a screenshot of it:
Spoiler:

I thought it was going to be VERY difficult for me to make and it took two seconds. Though, I may need to make some slight changes.
Nokuse wrote:I hope to see it added soon, with the edits in place it looks really good, torkoal is one of my favorites so this would be a nice addition if approved.
Thanks, Torkoal is also one of my favorites as well.

Anyway, I also have the Shiny Texture set up:
Spoiler:
By Nokuse
#89122 NICE!! Hey just as a word on critique, I love the model, however it seems you have the shell continuing under the belly and from what i can see in all the official art it is just like the rings on his limbs, a coloration of his skin not a continuation of the shell. Also if you could some how make the curve at the base of his neck a little smoother so it doesnt come out then make a 90' curve that would be fantastic, it looks painful for my tortoise friend.
JOIN THE TEAM