By Arsonist
#85438 So i don't have a Mightyena model yet, but here's Poochyena!
Ignore the fact that you can see the wireframe in places, i have no idea why maya's doing that.

Poochyena
| Show

| Show

| Show

Mightyena WIP (Think we're getting somewhere)
| Show

| Show

| Show

UPDATE
IGNORE the outlines on the faces, it's a rendering error.
Also, small edit, i flattened the ears back a bit so they didnt stick out to the side so much. Not visible in this image, as i fixed it after the render. Small fix though, so i didn't take the time to re-render.
| Show

Looks way better to me without the stripe down it's back but whatever, this is more accurate.

By Arsonist
#85455 I was more basing the tail fur off of the sprites, which has them down more. If i were to go solely off of that art i'd have to add a whole lot more geometry

But looking back at the sprite, i do need to make some of the hair clumps longer

The tail hair is different in every version, too :/
By karrybird
#85462 it looks like the mouth is slightly open like it is in the artwork. it would not look right in game if it was always walking around like this.
so i suggest just closing the mouth and leaving the teeth exposed only.
but that's honestly all that's wrong with it, i think it's perfect otherwise. the tail looks fine by the way, modeling fur is the worst thing ever, it doesn't have to be %100 perfect and exactly like the art.
By Arsonist
#85468 Mmkay, so i closed the mouth and lengthened some of the hair bits. I'm thinking of making the tail a-symmetrical, should i?

| Show

| Show

On a side note Mightyena is going to be such a pain...

UPDATE:
WIP model of Mightyena
By Pro_Malti
#85555 I think Poochyena's Tail should not be that high, I think it should go lower.

As of Mightyena, Some fur needs to be fixed:
By Il_Lupo
#85566 Fur is practically impossible to get right while modelling, it really looks alright to me aside from perhaps being slightly long.

As for what looks wrong with the model.. hmm. The front legs need to be further apart, and braced to hold its weight, which means turned a little away from its body. The face looks strange, though that might just be the texture, try to make its lips longer and maybe add a little snarl in (not enough to make it look super angry, it needs to be fairly neutral, but not just one line.

EDIT: Also, maybe add some noise to the texture. It looks very flat without that.
By Pro_Malti
Pro_Malti wrote:I think Poochyena's Tail should not be that high, I think it should go lower.

As of Mightyena, Some fur needs to be fixed:
Spoiler:

Yep looks better now :D
JOIN THE TEAM