By calamiTium
#94366 Hello, I'm new here, and somewhat new to Blender, however, I'd like this model to be reviewed.
Lighter Texture | Show

Dark Texture | Show

Front | Show

Top | Show

Feedback will be appreciated.

By Krios
#94578 I'm no expert but the poly count on that model looks extremely high.
By Arsonist
#94628 Not only that, but the density is spread VERY unevenly.
By LaKerfuffle
Krios wrote:I'm no expert but the poly count on that model looks extremely high.

Does high poly count have some kind of drawback?
By poe376
LaKerfuffle wrote:
Krios wrote:I'm no expert but the poly count on that model looks extremely high.

Does high poly count have some kind of drawback?
From what I've heard, it lowers the framerate quite drastically.
By Arsonist
#94758 It just gives whatever engine the game is running a hefty amount more to deal with, which is why back in the day characters had all of around 600-800 polygons in the mesh, and only allowed for a certain amount of them on-screen at once
Minecraft is already dealing with a TON of polygons just for the environment, and there's gonna be a bunch of pixelmon models on the screen at once. For lower-end computers it's already a problem, and if you have a really high poly character it just compounds said problem. That said i don't know anything about how minecraft's engine does it's rendering, but having really high polycounts is unnecessary, and taxing.
On a side note, if you get too ridiculous with the amount of polygons it looks completely smooth, which breaks immersion in minecraft.
JOIN THE TEAM