By HFB171
#99865 Hi This if HFB171 and this is my first post and my first model for pixelmon. I am brand new to modelling and have very limited experience so I don't know how to texture and to do many other things which people can do very well. I have a link below which shows my first model ever which is a manaphy which is missing many parts and can be easily improved but I simpily can't yet (due to my little experience). I hope in the future I can be as great as some people here but here is my manaphy which you guys can give me tips and help me improve :D and thanks for reading.

Edit 1: Restarted Model looks a lot better (in my opinion) but may not be blocky enough. Let me know how to improve and I will improve the model every time and let me know if you want to texture the model.

Edit 2: thanks for helping me out, did less polys and watched the guide and this is so far what I got trying to figure out what to do at the top :) if you have an idea let me know and I will try it and thanks for letting me know since now I have more skills to use.

Edit 3: added some part I know I have to tweak some thing that I had an issue with but the model Is coming along 1 step at a time. :)

Edit 4: added another view to showcase details.
Attachments
250px-490Manaphy[1].png
From Bulbapedia trying to use as a guide
250px-490Manaphy[1].png (33.36 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
manaphy 4.5 random.blend.png
random view let me know what to do and let me know if you want other views
manaphy 4.5 front.blend.png
another view to showcase new detail

By PokeWillpower
#99885 I can't really say anything since it isn't done, but, you're going to need to lay off the polys, you've got WAY too much right there...
By joshua_DA
#99969 it seems you just placed a group of high poly spheres together and say its done. here is what you have to do:
-restart the model this time using LOW POLY shapes like a 8x8 sphere or lower :)
-pay attention to detail
-good luck :)
By lugiaisbeast101
#99972 I would suggest to go and look at some beginner tutorials, they give helpful tips for things you may use in the future.

You could also have a look at the guides section, burgy gives a helpful idea of how you should start your models.

Now do you know how to delete, scale, rotate, extrude, subdivide, and mirror? Those six things are extremely useful for

certain situations, if you don't know how to the guides section or video tutorials will tell you how.

Now as previously state, you are going to want a very low poly start, when you add a sphere, on the left it should

say segments, and rings (NOTE: As far as I know, this only appears once when you first add the mesh, so don't

edit it when you first add it)m, now make the segments 8 (good for mirroring), and rings anything from 10 down.

It should look like this when you start Image

Then like this when you're done Image

Don't get much higher than that for your whole model, especially since it's small.

You also want to keep the models all one mesh, so don't add a sphere then stack another on top of eachother, this

is where the six things stated above come in to play, so go to the guides and/or youtube to find out how

to do them, and what they do.

The only time where you actually need to stack something on top of eachother is for animating purposes,

but since you are just learning, don't worry about that at the moment.

If you need more in depth help, just send me or any other modelers a message and we'll try and

provide you with tips or assistance.

Edit: Change your models shading to flat instead of smooth please (If it is on smooth shading).

By HFB171
#100020 Thank you guys so much on the help I'm currently working on manaphy and restarted and using my new skills so in the next couple of hours it will be updated again.
JOIN THE TEAM