By joshua_DA
#100548 OK, i made a mantyke model but i had a few problems along the way. there were several official mantyke models with different wing and antennae shapes..... so i went with the simpler of the shapes of the models :D

i need feedback on the body shape [seriously i do, i don't know if i did this right xD] before i texture it so pls, post your opinions :D
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

UPDATE
notice the added fluff xD
Spoiler:
ImageImage

UPDATE2
Textures by TheBootyEdition
Spoiler:

UPDATE3
Spoiler:

-edited some parts of TheBootyEdition's textures
-tiny edits on body shape
-dat shiny
-gills are now real in the model xD

By joshua_DA
TheBootyEdition wrote:Don't follow my red lines >.> but here is what i think could be fixed

mmmm, i just downloaded the official model the papercraft is obviously based from xD and its perfectly curved
Spoiler:

that is quite a weird view perception ._.

EDIT: top thread updated with a few changes to the model :3
By Gweav1117
#100645 like i said last time with mantine the face and stalks need to be angled upward more so that you can see the face. otherwise it will be looking straight down.
By Gweav1117
#100647 and also i think his wings arent that aerodynamic looking i feel like the ends need to come forward more making them look like triangles.
By karrybird
Gweav1117 wrote:like i said last time with mantine the face and stalks need to be angled upward more so that you can see the face. otherwise it will be looking straight down.

but it can't swim very well when it isn't parallel to the ground. it would be much more natural to have it swimming straight rather than tilted.
By joshua_DA
Gweav1117 wrote:and also i think his wings arent that aerodynamic looking i feel like the ends need to come forward more making them look like triangles.
Spoiler:
By PokeWillpower
joshua_DA wrote:
Gweav1117 wrote:and also i think his wings arent that aerodynamic looking i feel like the ends need to come forward more making them look like triangles.
Spoiler:

What has been seen...

Cannot be unseen.
JOIN THE TEAM