By BurningTaterTot
#105412 My first model ever. I'm open to any and all constructive criticism. (The main worry I have is that there may be too many polygons)

I'm waiting to do textures until the model is completed, I'm not sure if the eyes would look better on the texture or on the model itself.

Update 1- less polys

Hopefully this is a lot better

By Krios
#105572 Waaay too high a poly count
By joshua_DA
#105834 you are off to a good start on the shape :D but you have to restart your whole model and this time, use low poly spheres (most notably 8x8 spheres or lower). other than that, the shape is fine!

note: yes there is a lower poly button but IT WILL mess up your polygons so its better to start from a clean low poly sphere
By BurningTaterTot
#105898 How do you make lower poly spheres? (Lol sorry for being a noob at this)
By joshua_DA
#105901 when you put out a sphere from the mesh menu, on the lower left of the left screen menu, there will be a menu were it tells you how many rings and columns it has :)
By BurningTaterTot
#105903 Can't I just right click on the meshes I already have and do it, or can it only be done when the mesh is first made?
It should be easier to make the model the second time than it was the first time since I can use the first one for scale
By joshua_DA
#105911 no, you can only adjust the polygons of the circle mesh after it was first made and before it gets edited or anything (though you can use what you have already made as a guide for the 2nd attmept ;)
By EnderKac
#106100 I think the toe nails on both feet should be curved not so pointy.
JOIN THE TEAM