By _-WaffleCat-_
#114101 So this is my second model posted here on forums. Starting to get used to how Blender operates now. :lol:

Anyway, made this one up for Reck. Hope ya like it! :)
I posted screens of the model in 2 different lighting configs so hopefully you can see it better than last time and just did a simple flat texture here to show it off a little more. Will be adding the complete texture later when the body is finished. Also, the antennae are modeled straight up for animating purposes.

Manaphy
Front:
Spoiler:

3/4:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Back:
Spoiler:

Textures:
Spoiler:
Shiny:

There you have it!
Also, I am debating whether to make a swimming pose or not and if so how I should angle the body. You guys got any ideas? I'd love to hear them! ;)

Phione
Just like Manaphy, I uploaded this one with a basic texture to start. Once I'm ready, I'll start the real texture. ;) Limbs are extended out straight for animation and all that good stuff.
Front:
Spoiler:

3/4:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Back:
Spoiler:

Also a shot with my reference:
Spoiler:

By TheNew4
#114109 This is a nice model considering it to be your second one, huge props. Can't wait how you implement the rest of the textures for it.
By gilbert12888
#114130 Very nice model. One quick pointer though: this model will need to bend in certain places, like its arms and antennae. I suggest you segment those areas so that its arms and antennae can move around and bend. Right now it looks like the arm is spanned by a long triangle and the antennae are two long triangles. That geometry would be really tough to animate. Could you also post a screenshot of the model highlighted from different views so we can see the geometry better?
-Gilbert
By _-WaffleCat-_
#114192 Okay. :)
The antennae are actually cylinders and are split into 4 segments.
Spoiler:
ImageImage

And as for the arm, I hadn't really thought about how they'd be animated... :| so when you mentioned it I went back and segmented it into 4 or 5 parts as well. :) As for the shape, I have no idea what to call that. :lol: It's kind of a rectangular prism, but I think I started with a cylinder...
Spoiler:

Hope I made enough. :) If not, could you guide me on where you think they should be segmented? Thanks for the feedback!
By gilbert12888
#114234 So here is what I think should be done. Its a lot more feedback than I normally give and more technical. I drew it all on this picture. Image
and this picture
If you get lost just ask me.
-Gilbert
By _-WaffleCat-_
#114374 I did what was suggested and here's a before and after :)
Spoiler:

Also here is the model overlaying my reference image from the Poke Park games
Spoiler:
By poe376
#114416 You really know what you're doing....
By AZTERIX_
#114909 wow, really good
By TheBootyEdition
#115438 Very good, very good. Now be sure to make the normals be facing the correct way and that you don't have any messy geometry ..

We have been having lots of problems with the normals on models with games and it would be nice to know that we wont have issue with new models
Other then that have fun with the texture, cant wait to see it :D
And if you can learn how to rig :D
By _-WaffleCat-_
#117056 Sorry for the hiatus, I've been rather busy. :)
Anyway, checked my normals and if they are what I think they are, they're in good shape. (they're the side of the face/polygon that the player would see correct? because one side displays the texture and the other side is invisible, right?)
But aside from that, I have updated the post with both textures! Phione will also be posted soon! :D
JOIN THE TEAM