By Arsonist
Nova Spartan wrote:
TheType100 wrote:Maybe make the triangle cut-in on it's hat bigger and also make the eyes cross-eyed, otherwise this model looks fab lol
The artwork isn't the best reference when it comes to 3d models.

Look at a pic of the BR model:
Spoiler:

The triangle isn't that big, that's how I have it on my model. As for his eyes, they're sort of cross-eyed already. Thanks for the feedback.

I just finished debating this a couple days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=14894
Read my posts, josh's, spg's and karry's in this thread and if you're still unconvinced, i'll be in Booty's teamspeak almost daily if you want further explanation.
If you don't WANT to read it, here's the point:
The art in official, non hand-held games is not done by gamefreak, it's filtered through at least one and most likely 2 artists at Genius Sonority who use the official, original art as reference. Using 3D models from games that are NOT done by gamefreak, and thus not the authority on how the model should look, as reference runs the risk of adding that artist's mistakes to your own, which is very apparent here with the eyes.
If you want more proof as to which source you should trust, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dZX5fkq8o
at 2:53 you get a decent look at the probopass model for pokemon x and y. A much better representation of what the model should look like that Pokemon BR, which was made, again, not by gamefreak, but by Genius Sonority.
And what bares a striking resemblence to the model in pokemon x and y? The official art, with the eyes facing front and not 45 degrees to the sides.

TLDR: DO NOT discount the official, original art as a source of reference! It is exactly what you should be trying to emulate if you don't have access to the X and Y models! Models in BR are good for any other reference you might need, or can't get from the art. For the most part the official art is what you should look at for details.

By Nova Spartan
Arsonist wrote:I just finished debating this a couple days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=14894
Read my posts, josh's, spg's and karry's in this thread and if you're still unconvinced, i'll be in Booty's teamspeak almost daily if you want further explanation.
If you don't WANT to read it, here's the point:
The art in official, non hand-held games is not done by gamefreak, it's filtered through at least one and most likely 2 artists at Genius Sonority who use the official, original art as reference. Using 3D models from games that are NOT done by gamefreak, and thus not the authority on how the model should look, as reference runs the risk of adding that artist's mistakes to your own, which is very apparent here with the eyes.
If you want more proof as to which source you should trust, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dZX5fkq8o
at 2:53 you get a decent look at the probopass model for pokemon x and y. A much better representation of what the model should look like that Pokemon BR, which was made, again, not by gamefreak, but by Genius Sonority.
And what bares a striking resemblence to the model in pokemon x and y? The official art, with the eyes facing front and not 45 degrees to the sides.

TLDR: DO NOT discount the official, original art as a source of reference! It is exactly what you should be trying to emulate if you don't have access to the X and Y models! Models in BR are good for any other reference you might need, or can't get from the art. For the most part the official art is what you should look at for details.
Well, I guess that makes sense. The thing is, i'm a little paranoid on the details sometimes and I don't want to get some of them wrong. I just thought the BR models had priority on details when it came to that sort of thing.

Anyway, I now fixed the triangle on his head...sort of:
Spoiler:

Edit: I modified it some more, including the hat. The angle may make it looks weird but i'm pretty sure I have it right now:
Spoiler:
JOIN THE TEAM