By CrazyQuilman157
#133203 Agreed, the eyes look similar, but the coloring isn't totally accurate. besides, copying fan art isn't nearly as bad as copying directly from the original. Fans mess up. Sugimori is the final say on what's right or not. My opinion for fixing this problem, keep the shading as is, because that does look good, or lighten it just a bit, but fix the borders. the extra bit hanging off is not needed.
By karrybird
CrazyQuilman157 » 28 Jul 2014 07:59 wrote:besides, copying fan art isn't nearly as bad as copying directly from the original.

Copying art of any kind is equally very wrong, doesn't matter who made it, it's still stealing.

The eyes do look more original now, but there's still no need to make the outline blurry. With shading i can excuse it (though just blurring the shading generally doesn't look the greatest in the end). That was the main reason i thought it was copied in the first place.

But yeah, being an artist, i take art theft really seriously as i would never want it to happen to me. Which is why i made such a big deal about it.
JOIN THE TEAM