By Lizzy39632
#133998 Are you sure you didn't strip the textures from the official art?

If you didn't, show me the UV map =)
By VirtualTurtle
#133999 wow, i take that as a compliment, i just did a side by side comparison, and if you look closely, you wont see any color depth, something that is present in the official art

My Art:
By SPG
#134000 I normally dont post until approval, but what I'm going to say... most others... if anyone wont.
as you can see the circles around the face dont touch the spikes on the gas, further more, for animation purposes I need you to put the face and the circles on its own plane with a transparent background. the texture also needs to be 512x512 or smaller, you can save a lot of space if you make circles share the same uv space because you only have 3 different type of circles; cutting down on a lot of space that you will never use
By VirtualTurtle
#134002 Ok, I will get to fixing it
[edit] Almost done, will be finished by tomorrow
By VirtualTurtle
SPG » 04 Aug 2014 17:56 wrote:I normally dont post until approval, but what I'm going to say... most others... if anyone wont.
as you can see the circles around the face dont touch the spikes on the gas, further more, for animation purposes I need you to put the face and the circles on its own plane with a transparent background. the texture also needs to be 512x512 or smaller, you can save a lot of space if you make circles share the same uv space because you only have 3 different type of circles; cutting down on a lot of space that you will never use

Ok, so I've fixed the texture size and put the circles and face on a transparent plane, One question though, do the face and circles need to be on separate planes?
By VirtualTurtle
#134224 well, I've made 4 sets of the circles and a separate face, however in blender the images with transparent backgrounds still cast shadows, that's why it looks a bit strange. In the meantime I may try to model another 4th gen pokemon.
By karrybird
#134229 From the looks of it, the circles need to be actual spheres and not just flat planes. Image
JOIN THE TEAM