By Pippa
#167536 OMG you need evee line!! How wonderful! Yessss! I got confused sorry and like an ass, I didn't look at the diff pages of the chart. I'm bewildered that you need new versions of these, but delighted too. I'll do as many as I can as fast as I can! Thanks!!

By JamieS1211
#167618 Its because we can't get hold of the kary/cyotee ones and SPG never gave us the ones he made for reasons.
By Pippa
#167637 Do you mind if I use Maya? I can learn Techne if you'd prefer though.
By xanderindalzone
#167640 we dont use techne any more... models in techne can only be cubic
By JamieS1211
#167777 Techne was drooped years ago, literally "August 9, 2013 version 2.3.0". So yeah, go ahead and use whatever 3D modelling software you want and export to OBJ. The models need to be fairly low poly, aim to be below 1000 verts but just above is ok, you can have a look at the approved models to get a feel for poly count (make sure the model has actually been approved by checking the reply). From the OBJ we rig them and animate them. If you don't want to texture its not mandatory that you do the texture. Also if you are capable of rigging and animating you can do so but it needs to be exported as a SMD. If you would like to do this please get in contact with me via PM and I can talk you through how to do it etc. I can also train you in rigging and animating using blender.
By Pippa
#167786 Good, ok. And I'll enjoy texturing. I have never animated beyond Photoshop gifs, although I have always wanted to, so thanks that would be fantastic. I'll use SPG's Evee line models to work from but I'll give them touches that I see in Bulbapedia artwork, so they are not copies; there's bound to be some aspects slightly different. And yes, I'll keep the polygons to six sided and vertices down to the 1000 limit. If I'm taking too long, you can email me more directly with a different email address that I'll give you with PM; I see it many times a day so I won't miss it.
By JamieS1211
#167787 the 1000 verts isn't a limit just a suggestion, you can have your polygons any amount of sides, the models are all triangulated before added into the game so probs best if you triangulate. Also there is no need to base it off SPG's Eevee line as long as it looks enough like the pokemon it is supposed to be.
By JamieS1211
#167792 So sorry for keeping on giving you dofferent info but i have just managed to get in contact with the peroson who edited the eeveeline up for aproval and so there is a chance some eevees will be crossed off by then. I would suggest holding fire on eevees and do something else before i can give a perfectly accurate picture of what is going on and what is required eevee line wise. Also avoid gyarados. Sorry again
By Pippa
#167909 That's ok Jamie, although I sure would have loved to do those ones. Also, is Blender an app for modelling that you'd accept, or you'd prefer Maya? I'll give Rattata and Ratticate a go first.
By JamieS1211
#167912 Any for modelling whatever program is just fine so use what you are most comfortable with, you just need to be able to export to OBJ. As far as animation goes everyone who animated uses blender. It makes it easy to share files between us but if you can already animated likewise you can use whatever program you want as long as you can export it to SMD (Possible to export to FBX and then I can import to blender and export to SMD). If you want to learn animation I can teach you how to do it in blender, note you will need to have blender source tools plugin to export to SMD from blender.
JOIN THE TEAM