Is Tangrowth Ready with the new changements?

36%
5%
24%
5%
2%
2%
26%

By Overreactedosbol
#48740 i must disagree with that Napedogg, 1. It isnt blocky, blocky is when it is clearly made out of blocks and it doesn't have any rotated parts. Besides, tangela has the same structure, so i don't really see your point in "blockyness". And yes, the belly is filled with tangles, but in the anime it just isn't visible because otherwise Tangrowth would look far too detailed in comparison to the other anime characters.

As for zero_breaker, i know the feet aren't detailed enough. I'll try to work on it as good as i can. And for the cylindrical shape... ? It looks pretty rounded to me, no clearly visible sharp edges, and it is rounded at the top.
By Napedogg30
#48756 I must disagree with you. I'm pretty sure "blocky" means it isn't smooth. What I meant by "The belly isn't covered by tangles" is that you couldn't that tangles were there. I would say get a picture of a Tangrowth sprite and work off of that. I think the goal of having a Pokemon mod, is to add Models that resemble really close to the actual Pokemon, and not what people think it should look like.
By Overreactedosbol
#48762 it is close to actual pokemon, so i dont get what you mean at all. First make your point clear, and take a good look yourself, please. Like, look at the fan-art of my signature, it is clear that Tangrowth (or that beast that resembles Tangrowth) is completely covered in vines (except for eyes, arms, legs, etc.). And my model is smooth, it doesn't have any really sharp edges, no blocky "stairs" contraptions or other things like that. If you think you can do better, go ahead and try. But i would recommend starting with Tangela first.
By Napedogg30
#48766 Look, I'm just trying to help. It isn't close to the actual Pokemon, because if it was we wouldn't be having this argument. I'm just saying, if you made the belly and the back smoother without all the blocks on them, it would look more like Tangrowth from the anime.
By xXNumber2Xx
#48767 Although i'm not a pro in modelling and all that stuff, i can say this: ( :shock: i can say something about it!)

I think Napedogg is paying too much attention to the the details ( Vines on belly)
And Zero_Breaker's right, the legs are too flat.
By Overreactedosbol
#48772 oh yeah by the way, i made the legs rounder. And for NapeDogg, yes i know i could use less blocks, but i just dont fell like it will give a good final result. Besides, a few comments before yours, someone told me to watch all the details. So i did, and completely covered it with vines because that is more detailed. Then you can literally "see" that it has vines all over it and it looks pretty neat.
By Css1234567890123
#48883 The rounder feet do like nicer. Hopefully when we get Generation 1 done, we can have this in game. I can only imagine how many models are gonna be made when we get done with it. But only time will tell.
By LightAdept
#48913 Looks good so far, but im worried about rotation points.....although if they are bad, i think theres a pretty easy work around i can do for the body, but that still leaves the arms and legs, which will be much harder to code in without proper rotation points. As for the model, the only real critique i have is make sure the legs go into the body a fair amount, otherwise when they're rotating, they might look like....chansey's feet right now. If you're not sure what i mean, just check out chansey when it walks. So make sure there's enough inside there that it wont look weird walking.
JOIN THE TEAM