By AHTKingofkings
#64129 This is my first time using Blender to make anything and so I wanted some feedback on the Magmortar I am working on.

Note: The tail is temporary, it was just a test to see how it would look and I have no clue how I could make something look like a flame so the spikes on the right shoulder are a test to see if it could work

By Il_Lupo
#64131 Hmmm... not bad, for a start.

Alright first of all, I think there's too much detail in pretty much everything. You need to make less segments, dumb them down into minecraft-quality. Plus, it looks like you just mashed a bunch of meshes together rather than form the body by hand. It shows, and it looks kind of unprofessional.

Definitely no offense meant, but this is stuff everyone has to keep in mind as they model Pixelmon.
By AHTKingofkings
#64132 I can try to kinda dumb it down but i'm not sure how well I can do since it bugs me like no other if I can't get the model to look as good as possible. I am trying to understand what you mean about the body part, do you mean it looks bad with the shoulders and thighs being kinda in his body? Thats the only way I could get them to the point where I liked it and it looked like him.
By Il_Lupo
#64133 The body parts being where they are look alright to me. However, it doesn't look like they really join with the body. I suggest selecting different vertices, two from the leg and two from the body, then pressing 'f'. It will fill the gap between those vertices with a face. Do this in the right way and the leg will look perfectly normal :D
By AHTKingofkings
#64134 Ok, how would I do that? I did just download and start working on this like 2 hours ago so I am extremely new haha =) but I do appreciate all the help you have given me
By Il_Lupo
#64136 No probs ^^

Alright, you know how to make all the lines show up for editing? If not, press tab, and you'll see all the dots and lines that make up your model.

Now, zoom in to the model and right-click on one of those dots. Hold shift and click on another dot. Do this on the leg and on the body, then once four dots are all lit up in orange, press f.
By Css1234567890123
#64182 Less segments please, it needs to be minecraft quality, (which isn't that pretty) Otherwise, its looking pretty good, and good luck on it!
By ryancpexpert
#64183 It looks pretty good, but I'm not so sure that this is Techne quality. Try to make it less round, make it a bit more blocky.
By dakoda14
#64192 Magmortar actually does have a tail but it is more up close to his body. I thought you might want to know this for later modeling stages.
By AHTKingofkings
#64220 So should I make it a bit more blocky? I get the less detail part since it is Minecraft after all but Magmortar is a very detailed Pokemon so I wanted to make sure I got it right =P
JOIN THE TEAM