By karrybird
#64248 after many hardships, tears, and sorrow, here's gabite :)

and yet, no one has taught me how to texture in this program yet.. :'(

| Show

By karrybird
sludgybeast wrote:Its fairly simple you have to unwrap the texture which is fairly simple

Spoiler:

then usually if you use my method this is all you need to do to unwrap it nicely.

Next if you are a student you are able to get a free version of Mudbox from autodesk which allows you to sculpt and paint which in this case is sculpt. You will also need adobe photoshop. What you can do at this point is paint the general areas and later refine it in photoshop and some important places you should know are:

Spoiler:

as well as add stencil which is in the stencils tab and to the left this allows you to import a picture (in my case i use it for accurate eyes) and allows you to paint or project it onto the model~ using this allows you to get it perfectly the same on both sides using mirror local z or y or whatever plane you need.

Like I stated early after finishing in mudbox you WILL need to tweak in photoshop as mudbox isnt very nice with low res models so it is required you tweak in photoshop (or gimp I guess but less efficient)

HOPEFULLY this helps and gives you a little insight to get started and play around. Good Luck!

oh how i would love to use mudbox!
but i apparently don't have the right graphics card, so i can't run the program...
By Il_Lupo
#64494 On Blender, texturing is done with UV meshes. I'd suggest thoroughly exploring UV mesh/texture tutorials on youtube for the info you need.
By ryancpexpert
#64506 I really like this one! I hope you figure out how to texture them soon!
By darkblade127218
#64537 still wana design a new pickachu and the houndour evo line, please tell me the thing, I badly wana try a model the java modeler was nothing but a virus I found please give me real site thx:)
By fosterd
#80118 i know its not easy ti texture but can you get this line textured maybe ask dragonspainter to texture
By AnimefanX
#80147 I know it can't be easy doing any of this and its gotta be pretty hard but I wanted to ask you if you'll take a model request?
By karrybird
AnimefanX wrote:I know it can't be easy doing any of this and its gotta be pretty hard but I wanted to ask you if you'll take a model request?

hmm it depends what it is and if i like it enough :3
By AnimefanX
#80205 it's Riolu and Lucario after you finish the gible line first though :lol:
JOIN THE TEAM