By karrybird
#65273 until i can actually grasp the texturing process, i'm just gonna make a bunch of models without 'em for now.

| Show

textures:
| Show

and thanks to edeodin, without his help, this model would have not been able to be textured XD
and thanks with the help on how to even texture at all in this program

By ryancpexpert
#65279 Another great model karry, but could you possibly do the pre-evolutions.
By Il_Lupo
#65280 Hey Karrybird, would you consider allowing someone else to try texturing your models for you?
By karrybird
Il_Lupo wrote:Hey Karrybird, would you consider allowing someone else to try texturing your models for you?

of course i'm doing the pre evos,

and actually, i was considering asking asking help on that, at least to get the map set up since i'm having trouble with it. cause once i get there i could texture them myself since that's one of my favorite parts :)
By Il_Lupo
#65288 Well, if no-one else offers, I'd be happy to help. If only by giving you lots of tutorials..
By brightborn
#65289 wow amazing model karry, think it looks to much like the actual think you could get a job as a modeler easily. would really love to see you do meloetta think you would really work magic on it, wish i could help you out on the texturing but only just found out how to texture in blender myself.look forward to seeing the pre-evolutions you do for this one too.

not sure how it is in maya but the way it works in blender is you first make a material and then assign it to your selection in edit mode.you then create a uv smart project to unwrap your selection. next you go to the textures tab create a new texture you can then select what you want and then apply it to it once you've opened it in the texture you selected and then selecting if its an image the corresponding image in the uv editor for it to appear which you can they adjust the uv grid. once again though not sure how it goes exactly but since maya is supposedly better would expect it to have things like that in it just have to look around for the right buttons (sorry for the wall of text.)

i'll download maya tommorow and try to figure it out for you if you still haven't found the answer by then. i think you do an awesome job on the models they are so smooth and low poly, can't wait to see them textured.
By Azelf22
#65321 Luxray <3 Even without it's texture, it looks beast
By karrybird
Il_Lupo wrote:Well, if no-one else offers, I'd be happy to help. If only by giving you lots of tutorials..

oh that would awesome of you!
how would you help, would you take the model and make the map or explain how to do so?

and thank you brightborn, i'll try to look into it soon, at the moment it's all confusing me, but i'm sure i'll get it eventually XD
By Il_Lupo
#65335 Gah, you use Maya? I only just learned how to use Blender >.<

If it was in Blender, I'd take the model and make the map as well as explain how it's done. That way I can show and tell at the same time, and your next model can be textured. I guess I'll look up some Maya tutorials instead, hehe.
By Lettucecow
#65363 Man, Karry These models are awesome! I don't know how you do it!
JOIN THE TEAM