By StopherSylvia
#70986 Already made Yanma so did the obvious, made a prehistoric Dragonfly.

Front:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

Shiny:
Spoiler:

I'm going to ask the same question I did on my Yanma Topic:

Dumb question, Do the rotation points (objects origin) need to be in certain places like with Techne? I started modeling for this mod with Techne (already had Blender and knew how to use it) then obj. files got approved and switched. I figured the animations in MInecraft were like Blender's animator, but apparently it sucks. For instance Would the Rotation points for the wings be at the base of the wing so it can flap or does it not matter?

By SPG
#71000 moved to generation 4 modeling feedback, as for the rotation question, dont worry about it, me (and Xwaffle because I told him how to do it) open it in maya and change the rotation points, and convert it, so just model it and we take care of the rest
By StopherSylvia
SPG wrote:moved to generation 4 modeling feedback, as for the rotation question, dont worry about it, me (and Xwaffle because I told him how to do it) open it in maya and change the rotation points, and convert it, so just model it and we take care of the rest

That's a relief to hear cause I don't want to try and change all my models to fit the rotation points. Was in a hurry busy day posted Yanmega in gen 2 and shut off computer, wasnt thinking
By StopherSylvia
tkgamer18 wrote:So far nice model but try to make the two top humps closer to the 1st top hump and then make the spots modeled as you see on this picture: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e6/469Yanmega.png

Be more specific whats wrong with the spots? I did use that picture for reference. By "humps" do you mean the blade things on his head body and tail?
By tkgamer18
StopherSylvia wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:So far nice model but try to make the two top humps closer to the 1st top hump and then make the spots modeled as you see on this picture: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e6/469Yanmega.png

Be more specific whats wrong with the spots? I did use that picture for reference. By "humps" do you mean the blade things on his head body and tail?

If you look very closely on the spots they are bumps and also the "humps" are the blades on top
By StopherSylvia
tkgamer18 wrote:
StopherSylvia wrote:

If you look very closely on the spots they are bumps and also the "humps" are the blades on top

How's This:
Spoiler:

And I know that the red circles are bumbs, but I figure it would be better to leave them flat, Because that's either 10 or 14 more shapes, a lot of faces fro MInecraft to handle on slower computers, or flat with good texture and easy on slow computers aka mine
By tkgamer18
#71129 Ok that looks better so now put make the eyes pointed where near the mouth is ok?
By StopherSylvia
tkgamer18 wrote:Ok that looks better so now put make the eyes pointed where near the mouth is ok?

Look at the "front" picture it does do the "pointed" thing around the mouth
By tkgamer18
StopherSylvia wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:Ok that looks better so now put make the eyes pointed where near the mouth is ok?

Look at the "front" picture it does do the "pointed" thing around the mouth

Ok thank you I'm just used to seeing the latest pictures. The model now is almost perfect! :D
JOIN THE TEAM