By Edeodin
TLesniak wrote:Really looks great. I actually think you did a good job with the bushes given what you have to work with. You can clearly see that they are bushes and not wing or anything else. If i had to give any creative criticism it would probably be that i would like the tail a slight bit more curved upwards and the bushes should maybe be a little shorter and stretch a little longer over the width of his body.

Alrighty changed the tail angle a little bit (not too much since I don't have a whole lot of vertices back there to work with), and I shortened the bushes and increased their width a tad!

| Show

Kmerr wrote:That seriously looks almost exactly like the battle revolution one

Uh I'm not sure if that's flattery or an insinuation. Just in case, I referred to the model for their approach to the bushes on his back, but other than that I work from the artwork and back sprites when modelling. I mean I could change it if the resemblance is a concern, but the similarity wasn't my intention from the get-go.

By Kmerr
#77488 It's nothing bad Edeodin, I'm just saying this is a piece of art
By StopherSylvia
#77489 I hate making bushes too, (Regigias's shoulders). I never really never got a 3d look at growtle, but are the bushes supposed to be smooth along the sides?
By Edeodin
Kmerr wrote:It's nothing bad Edeodin, I'm just saying this is a piece of art

Oh ok, sorry I wasn't sure if you meant it in a good way or not but thank you! :D

StopherSylvia wrote:I hate making bushes too, (Regigias's shoulders). I never really never got a 3d look at growtle, but are the bushes supposed to be smooth along the sides?

Yeah I vow to never model another bush again. :lol: They're kind of spiky on the sides too on the 3D model, but not as much as on top. When I tried to do that myself it just looked really weird so I made the call to leave it smooth.
By Pro_Malti
StopherSylvia wrote:I hate making bushes too, (Regigias's shoulders). I never really never got a 3d look at growtle, but are the bushes supposed to be smooth along the sides?

I believe that in the anime, the bushes are smooth from the edges.
By StopherSylvia
Edeodin wrote:Yeah I vow to never model another bush again. :lol: They're kind of spiky on the sides too on the 3D model, but not as much as on top. When I tried to do that myself it just looked really weird so I made the call to leave it smooth.

K, I don't really know much about Grotle. Vow is a strong word, how bout Pray :lol: it's odd that bushes are the hard part, I had an easy time with Torchic's feathers which one would think to be harder (or at least I did)
By Edeodin
MoeBoy76 wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:I can't see the images anymore.

all models now have watermarks (Ed never changed the links here) and it was approved already anyway

Yeah this pretty much. Changing all of the pictures to watermarks would require me to edit the pictures, upload them all again, and edit the posts to the new image links. Since these were all approved it seemed kind of pointless. ;)
JOIN THE TEAM