By Arsonist
#84350 Just wondering if i could submit some stuff for the project
Kinda sad that someone's already doing/done luxray :(

Just so you know, the edges you see in the textures aren't there, it's just maya's renderer messing up.

Shinx Model (Needs Critique)
| Show

| Show

| Show

Luxio Model (Needs Critique)
| Show

| Show

| Show

Luxray Model (Needs Critique)
| Show

| Show

| Show

By Pro_Malti
#84358 Shinx: The Ears need to bit tilted a bit to the side and from neck to the front legs, the body seems incorrect but I don't know hot to explain it.

Luxio: Needs a bit of a taller tail.

Other than that, they're looking pretty cool.
By Arsonist
#84370 Mmkay! So i moved Shinx's ears WAY down and tilted them out a bit, i thickened his front legs so they weren't so skinny, but i dunno how else to improve upon.
These renders have a bit of artifacting going on around the edges of some faces, but they're not like that in the texture, i'm pretty sure anyway.

Pro_Malti, i'm not sure how the body looks wrong either :( I think maybe it's not thick enough? Would that be it?
As for Luxio, by taller do you mean just reposition it the tail, or make it longer?

On a semi-related note, do i need to make different versions for male and female?
By SPG
Arsonist wrote:On a semi-related note, do i need to make different versions for male and female?

Yes, but do that when you are 100% sure you are done
By Pro_Malti
#84428 Shinx: The eyes need the black border on them because they look weird. The front legs should be more forward. It's face should be flatter and more circular as it seems that it's face is an sphere

Luxio: Same as Shinx, eye border, front legs and face.
By Arsonist
Zilcor wrote:The eyes seem a little bit weird to me anyone else?

Not enough contrast? or is the yellow i used just too bright?
Or maybe the shape?

SPG wrote:
Arsonist wrote:On a semi-related note, do i need to make different versions for male and female?

Yes, but do that when you are 100% sure you are done

K, thanks SPG :)

Pro_Malti wrote:Shinx: The eyes need the black border on them because they look weird. The front legs should be more forward. It's face should be flatter and more circular as it seems that it's face is an sphere

Luxio: Same as Shinx, eye border, front legs and face.

Will do, thanks
By tkgamer18
#84431 Nice models but on Luxio make the back feet smaller and make the nose a tad bigger. For Shinx make the head more oval. Both models should have there eyes have pupils.
By Arsonist
tkgamer18 wrote:Nice models but on Luxio make the back feet smaller and make the nose a tad bigger. For Shinx make the head more oval. Both models should have there eyes have pupils.

Will do, but Luxio and Shinx don't have pupils perse. If you look at the sprites the area where the pupil should be is yellow.

Okay! So updated the textures on both Luxio and Shinx, they now have outlines on all the yellow bits that i could outline. The eyes annoyed the crap out of me.
And Shinx's model has been updated to that it's head is more like an oval. It needs to have some form of shape on it's face for it's nose though, otherwise certain artworks done for things like the card game wouldn't make sense. It frightens me now ._.
Luxio's back feet have been shrunk, and his nose has been pushed in a fair bit, but like i said up higher, it needs to have some form of shape on there for it's nose, otherwise blah blah.
The legs have been moved forward on both models, and it'll be annoying to move either of their legs forward past where they are now. Please don't ask me to D:

I'm somehow under the impression that i need to make the entire evolutionary line for shinx if i want it to be approved, so i started on Luxray. Critiques on shape would be much appreciated before i move on to UVing and texturing.
By Pro_Malti
#84470 Shinx: Image
Make the mouth smaller and more happier. Also the legs make them start from the front. They need to be attached to the front to the body I believe.

Shinx and Luxio: The eyes, the middle black border needs to be a smaller circle.

Luxray: Holy, that looks awesome, can't see anything wrong. Can't wait to see it textured.
JOIN THE TEAM