By Pokechu212
#85819 This is actually my first model, so it may not be as good

I will get the texture done soon, but for now here is the model :)

Back
Spoiler:

Diagnol
Spoiler:

Front
Spoiler:

Please give feedback. I know this will need changes, but I need to know where :)

Updated model (Still not texturing, not until I get the model right)

Back
Spoiler:

Diagnol
Spoiler:

Front
Spoiler:

By Ewery1
#85850 Hm. I can't really tell without the textures, but look here.

There are only 4 pointy thingies on his hand with only one center one. They are angled upwards. The hat goes out a little more, and is more steeply angled. In the back you are missing the spike above his tail. Also the legs are too circular, they should be pointed triangular cylinders.

Overall good job for a first try in Blender though. I don't know anything about it so I can't give you any help on the technical aspects, but these are just my nit-picky thoughts.
By lugiaisbeast101
#85914 Woah woah woah :) Pokechu, you need to lower the poly count on that model by A LOT. The reason why is, well, it is a rule and we are trying to make it as close to techne as we can with some few exceptions. It is alright to have a MODERATE amount of polys for small details, but for the arms, body, hands (Basically almost all of the model) can be reduced in the amount of polys and still keep it's shape. For now, reduce the amount for the body, hands, and feet (The feet especially since it's just a triangle)

Overall, still a pretty nice job you did there, I would suggest to make the horns come in closer together, they are currently too far apart. Also, if you need any help or tips on how to do things just let me know, or let youtube know as well :) (Beginner modeling tutorials give a lot of shortcuts that are extremely useful)
By Pokechu212
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:Woah woah woah :) Pokechu, you need to lower the poly count on that model by A LOT. The reason why is, well, it is a rule and we are trying to make it as close to techne as we can with some few exceptions. It is alright to have a MODERATE amount of polys for small details, but for the arms, body, hands (Basically almost all of the model) can be reduced in the amount of polys and still keep it's shape. For now, reduce the amount for the body, hands, and feet (The feet especially since it's just a triangle)

Overall, still a pretty nice job you did there, I would suggest to make the horns come in closer together, they are currently too far apart. Also, if you need any help or tips on how to do things just let me know, or let youtube know as well :) (Beginner modeling tutorials give a lot of shortcuts that are extremely useful)

Woah :lol: I thought about that, but I didn't think it would affect the model. The only way i'd be able to fix this is to redo the model...I'm fine with that :D Thanks for the support!

BTW Do fix it should I use the icosphere instead of the UV sphere?
By lugiaisbeast101
#86101 Umm, that's difficult to say, what I can say is that for the body and feet, the polys should not be a higher resolution then an icosphere (About a quarter less at MOST for the body). Also, yeah that would be the only way to do it is by manually lowering the poly count as Blender doesn't do that for you....or I should say it doesn't do it well if you do know bypasses on that.

What I would do it delete the current body and add a new one with little polys and don't put the tail like that for the body if you redo it. That's more of a psyduck tail, try going for a dog tail as shown in that sprite.

Also it's not that it affects the model in any way, its just that it's a rule. .obj models are really supposed to be much more precise version of Techne without all the hassle.
By PokeWillpower
#97071 You should round out the feet more, it looks like you cut off the ends of his feet.
Also, make the body taller and the arms less like poles, (The arms need to be more like leaves/branches) and it's "hat" thing should be a bit sharper around the head.

Other than these little nitpicks it actually looks really decent for your first Blender model.
By Pro_Malti
PokeWillpower wrote:You should round out the feet more, it looks like you cut off the ends of his feet.
Also, make the body taller and the arms less like poles, (The arms need to be more like leaves/branches) and it's "hat" thing should be a bit sharper around the head.

Other than these little nitpicks it actually looks really decent for your first Blender model.

Do not necro-post please. This thread has been unused for around 2 months. There was no use for you to post here.
JOIN THE TEAM