By h3art
#86224 I'm surprised no one has submitted giratina in either forme, so i decided i would give it a go, it's nearly done however the body needs lots of work since it oddly shaped, also I made it flat as I think it's a requirement, p.s if anyone can tell me how to draw directly onto the 3d model that would be great.
Big update
Front
Spoiler:

Side
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Old:
| Show
Update 5 matched the red on the body with the wing/arm tips
Spoiler:

Update 4 refined body texture
Spoiler:

Update 3
Finally textured Giratina sorry it took long but some people have real life things to do, also i wish texturing was the easy part but it isn't then again it probably depends on the complexity of the mesh
Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

Front: don't know why those lines appear the mesh seems fine and they aren't there in the render
Spoiler:

Bottom: Same here with the two lines near the mouth and the one on the tail end
Spoiler:

Update 2:
Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

Update 1:
Front:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

Bottom: (Didn't get option to crop)
Spoiler:

Old:
Spoiler:

By lugiaisbeast101
#86248 About the requirement, it doesn't need to be as flat as you have it but just needs to have a moderate amount of polys (Would it hurt for a wireframe picture without a render?) Look at Rayquaza for example:

Now let me just list the things you should work on

-Make the body longer, yes it's a midget right now
Keep in mind, it need to be a little more than a foot bigger than this Pokemon (It's normal size right now)

--The spikes at the end of the tail should be slightly farther apart
---It may be the camera view but it seems that the first spike is to close to the end of the tail
----Those spike things on top of the 3 rings should be much closer together. Actually, they should be connected forming a V
-----I know you said it needed work but I'll just throw it out there, the body needs to be much rounder towards the center of the body then gradually getting smaller afterwords. (Do this after you lengthen the body)

About the drawing on the body, I suppose you mean texturing? If so, then you need to do a UV texture instead. I'm not sure why, it probably has something to do with Minecrafts rendering system but yeah, you need to unwrap the UV and texture on there. If you need information on how to do that, I could link you to an excellent artists tutorial, just tell me if you need it.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing! The rings should be broader, if you don't know what I mean, it should stretch out more, they don't fit snugly on the Pokemon.
By h3art
#86268 Sorry for the render but I haven't used blender in a while so i just knew f12 then save as, this time i think i have it as you want it unless you were asking for the see through wire frame mode. The body is better now and i'm more or less done with the model, just need to fix some of the faces that are acting odd, it was small due to me using the blender grid as a block and then matching the length of those with the info on bulbapedia which says its 22' so scaled up to movie size it should look fine, i still elongated it though as requested. As for the rings i had them floating to fix them and position them well.
Anyway here it is.

Front:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

Bottom: (Didn't get option to crop)
Spoiler:
By lugiaisbeast101
#86320 Seriously, how long have you been modeling, this is great!! However great this model is though, I cannot deny the fact that the body still needs work. It looks like a snake that just got through with it's meal. That part that you made fat, make it a little fatter (not a whole lot) and match the fatness on the third big the same as spike as the other two (God I'm horrible at explaining things) Make the body shape more or less like the official artwork:

Because of the fact that I'm horrible at explaining things, you probably misunderstood about what I said about the top of the rings, try to make it resemble this pattern:

That's what I mean about the V shape, teh black stuff has a foundation that supports it.

Seriously though....Great job on the model!

EDIT: You can post it as a render, I just needed to see 1 picture of the frame to see whether you made it too detailed or not.
By h3art
#86328 I know it needs work, the fat-ish part is what i meant by odd, that's actually the exact picture i'm using to model this, I'll fatten him a tiny bit more and just have it smooth out instead of a bulge, oh that's what you meant, that won't be hard to fix at all. Yeah i understood why you wanted a wire frame I just forgot since this is the first time i used blender in over 6 months, this is actually the first model i plan to finish in blender, other things i made was photo-realistic glass and polished metal when the cycles engine came out. I actually don't have much experience in blender but i learn pretty quickly, I also abuse commas.
side note: There's a mode on blender that directly lets you paint textures on the 3d model and it will appear on the UV map, i need it to put "color place markers" so i can easily identify things on the UV map when i do the texture, however i don't remember how to and searching on google and youtube hasn't really helped since they all show to just export the UV map
By lugiaisbeast101
#86331 I'm no expert in the technical side of Blender (So anything but the basics), but you can always color code it (in whatever program you use to texture) then check where it is on the model after you apply (I know it's less convenient but it beats looking at pointless tutorials irrelevant to what you are in search for). Could have sworn I came across a video before doing exactly what you said....maybe I'll remember it later...In the mean time, try to guess and check, or just have the UV map on one side of the screen, and the model on the other, then highlite a face and see where it pops up on the UV map. Again it's less convenient but waaaaay better than guessing and checking at the least.

BTW Edit the main post with updated pictures so you won't get repeated feedback from other individuals.
By h3art
#86341 Alright, first of all thanks for the praise, while also having serious critiques, I now made it a bit fatter and smoothed it out over all on both the x and z axis, or as MC likes it X and y, (unintended Pokemon reference). I think i can safely say that the next update will be a finished model with final fixes and maybe textured if fixes are small, then again only time and Murphy can tell.
Side:
Spoiler:

Top:
Spoiler:

It's odd how slight changes can make a huge difference, I think it's correct now, need others' eyes however
By Brennnyy
#86346 Very good job on my little baby <3. If this were to be in game, the best place to find it would be the nether OR.. I don't know the possibility of this but a new Distortion World where you would create the portal out of glass and activate it with a diamond. I love this model though, keep it up n_n
By lugiaisbeast101
#86351 Just one last thing before I give it my OK =D You see where the neck is (The place with the three rings)? Scale it out a bit more, just enough so that it smoothly gets bigger, than gradually gets smaller after its peak. Right now it gets smaller from the head to the neck, then gets bigger, it should be a small fix if you just scale everything that needs to be scaled (You'll see what I mean if you compare your neck to the official artwork). Other then that, I can't see any problems at all, you did outstanding for your first completed Pokemon model! (You have talent!)

Brenny, there are no plans for the Nether or the End....ut that distortion world...I've no idea, but I did see it come up for ideas....I don't know what they are going to do though. They might just make it with a monument that generates in the world, and within that monument is an object that when you place something, or have certain Pokemon in the room, Giratina will spawn. Who knows, because I sure don't (devs probably have some hidden idea)
By zero_breaker
#86364 so fast ;-;
can't imagine how fast it would be if you made Black/White Kyurem ._.
JOIN THE TEAM