By poe376
#88861 My hard drive crashed on me. One of the few things that wasn't backed up was my previous Arceus model, which was completely finished minus textures. However, I haven't given up. I'm still working on the model, and I've decided to share with you my progress on "Arceus 2.0". But before judging, here's something to note: For anyone more un-familiar with Blender than I am, the colors are fillers, not actual textures. They're demonstrating what color the area will be textured, which hopefully TheBootyEdition will help me out with.

I said I was giving up on the model, but after the encouraging comments, I've decided to give it one more go. I'm sure this time is the time. Thank you all for encouraging me to go.

So here is the completed model with all angles. Let me know if I need to fix anything, and I'll get on it!

UPDATE (February 8th, 2014): Hi guys. I've updated the model to fix some things I felt was wrong with it, as well as the one thing everyone's been pointing out -- the spherical body. Now, I've fixed this issue as well as I could without straying too far from the actual model. I also noticed how horrible the ring looked, so I redid it completely, and I think I've got it down this time. Lastly, I changed Arceus's face so that it appears to be looking down slightly (I also gave a smooth view for you smoothies out there).

I've included elements from both Battle Revolution's and XY's Arceus. Also, a flying position has been made, but I've already posted all the angles I can. It's essentially just the same model with its front legs forward and back legs back.
Attachments
NewArceusClose.png
Close View
NewArceusFront.png
Front View
NewArceusSide.png
Side View (Now with thicker ring!)
NewArceusRandom.png
Random View
NewArceusSmooth.png
Random View (Smooth)

By poe376
#88874 I think I did a good job on the "fence" for a first model.
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Fence Complete
By a_DORITO
#88931 It's still early to say, but so far, you're going in the right direction. Just get the general shape then go back in and clean things up, add details, etc.
By poe376
#89018 How can I fix this? (Again, I'm a Blender n00b. xD)
By lugiaisbeast101
tkgamer18 wrote:http://forum.pixelmonmod.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4060

That doesn't help him much, it only shows him how to start and I don't don't know if he wants to restart. As far as I know, there is no specific way to lower the polys of your

pokemon, but if you do know how, it's really hard or it doesn't come out correctly. What I do is delete vertices and add faces, but that takes A LOT of time to do and is

very annoying. I would suggest to start over with much lower amount of polys, or you can just lower them manually, it's up to you.
By Nokuse
#89204 It looks like your doing things right, the ring around him looks spot on, if you take your time Im sure it will be amazing
By h3art
#89313 I think dissolving the vertices does the same as deleting and adding a face, as lugiaisbeast101 said i recommend starting over, try starting with the cube that is there by default and do a horizontal loop-cut at the center then move the two opposing faces away from each other and scale up the center to get a really rough body shape then, just add more loop-cuts and scale to the appropriate sizes, sorry if i'm not great at explaining. A huge tip i can give is learn the keyboard shortcuts for the actions on the left toolbar, and a few others that you can find under objects at the bottom of your viewfinder, also if you need to mirror a specific object like the extruded parts of the ring around his torso you can duplicate the one you made, then press S which is the shortcut for scale , type in -1, and the press the letter corresponding to the axis you want to mirror it at, the just move it as close as you can to where you want it and merge the vertices.
JOIN THE TEAM