By tkgamer18
karrybird wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:Nice but here are what should be fixed.
1. The two feathers on the side of his head looks a little too big.
2. The legs should be further apart from each other.
3. Make the top beak longer.
4. Make the legs and beak more orange.

1.they're the right size
2. correct width apart
3. right length
4. does it really freaking matter? it's literally only a shade off

Look more closely at the sprites and official artwork.

By Krios
#89065 Here's a front look at the head. I think the head on your model should be a bit shorter and narrower.
BTW, this is the best front face I could find.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 812 times
By karrybird
tkgamer18 wrote:
karrybird wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:Nice but here are what should be fixed.
1. The two feathers on the side of his head looks a little too big.
2. The legs should be further apart from each other.
3. Make the top beak longer.
4. Make the legs and beak more orange.

1.they're the right size
2. correct width apart
3. right length
4. does it really freaking matter? it's literally only a shade off

Look more closely at the sprites and official artwork.

you should know for a fact that the sprites and art are terrible sources alone for modeling right? i have models to reference.
i will fix it a bit, but not because you told me too ;3
By a_DORITO
#89071 Based on the pics you just posted, it looks like the neck could be a little narrower. From the top picture though, i can't tell if to the outside of the white is that black part of the neck still or is that the background?
By Akerious
#89075 There are a few mistakes, like the head issue, but nothing that can't be fixed! Overall, I love what you have so far. Keep up the great work.~ :D
By karrybird
a_DORITO wrote:Based on the pics you just posted, it looks like the neck could be a little narrower. From the top picture though, i can't tell if to the outside of the white is that black part of the neck still or is that the background?

yeah i had trouble trying to see what the edge was there, i think that's where i went wrong in it now that i think about it....

how's this? Image
By a_DORITO
#89107 Yea that looks better IMO. Although, something still feels off. I know it's not supposed to be EXACTLY like the actual one, but just seems like there is something making it different. Can't quite get my finger on it. It's definitely a great model as is though.

I think this might be what's throwing me off. After I made those lines, I'm starting to think it's because the actual model has more of a neck, where as yours looks more owlish.

The only other thing that I noticed that may be what's throwing the face off is if you look at both yours and the game's side views. The top of the head kinda like, bulges, then comes down into the face.
By karrybird
a_DORITO wrote:Yea that looks better IMO. Although, something still feels off. I know it's not supposed to be EXACTLY like the actual one, but just seems like there is something making it different. Can't quite get my finger on it. It's definitely a great model as is though.

I think this might be what's throwing me off. After I made those lines, I'm starting to think it's because the actual model has more of a neck, where as yours looks more owlish.

The only other thing that I noticed that may be what's throwing the face off is if you look at both yours and the game's side views. The top of the head kinda like, bulges, then comes down into the face.

i see what you mean, but the way i modeled the head, i can't move the edges exactly like you said.
so this may be the best i can make the neck Image
By a_DORITO
#89120 Yea, when I was looking at the model before I posted, I was thinking along the same lines, remembering my experience from computer rendering a couple years back, it was definitely a pain to go back and fix those things.
By Nokuse
#89157 It also seems that the devilock needs to be a little thicker on your model to match the 3d pokedex
JOIN THE TEAM