By Breloom
#61279 This is my first ever model! It is Rufflet, a Gen 5 bird pokemon.

Leave feedback, as I can always try to improve :D

By MissingNoL
#61280 That's actually really good for a first model. Of course, it won't get accepted until generation six comes out, but that doesn't mean that you can't work on it. Let's get started.
Its feet are a little too flat and its legs a little too long. Its body should probably be a bit stubbier, too. The main problem is the head.
I was about to suggest making it rounder, but in the picture, it's more... Feathery. I don't know how you could emulate that feeling, but your head does need to change. The feather might need a little fine tuning, too. It also really needs an HD texture. Also, more views are always helpful, so the back, side, etc. Pretty good first try, though.
By Css1234567890123
#61679 From what MissingNoL said, all of that would be nice to see, but it is quite good for a first model. More views would be nice as well, as well as an HD texture. Looks great for a first model!
By Sundial_MC
#61711 Oooh, for the head fur, just create lots of the same/similar fur textures and place them, it'll create that kind of impression you want.

Also, take the colours from the original art, I see your colours are different to the art.
Otherwise, great job!
By Breloom
#89393 Ok I'm here to finish this model up now that X and Y has been released (Gen 5 is no longer active)
I can't finish today as I'm busy but again feedback always helps, it's nice to have a lot of people's opinion.
Sundial, how can I do your suggestion? It sounds good. I can do MissingNol's suggestions on my own.
By Nova Spartan
Breloom wrote:Ok I'm here to finish this model up now that X and Y has been released (Gen 5 is no longer active)
I can't finish today as I'm busy but again feedback always helps, it's nice to have a lot of people's opinion.
Sundial, how can I do your suggestion? It sounds good. I can do MissingNol's suggestions on my own.
I hate to tell you this, but no one uses Techne anymore. If you want to make Pixelmon models, it's best if you use Blender or Maya.
By Breloom
#89563 Well, that certainly explains all the new smooth looking pixelmon. Maybe I'll pick up on making a new model in the future.
JOIN THE TEAM