By Arsonist
#88105 I understand this is your first model and all, but the geometry in some of the shapes here are beyond saving. I'd have to say remodel it :( But i'm nobody important, you don't have to listen to me.
If you WOULD like to listen, though, some ideas:
This time, work with lower poly shapes from the start. That way you won't run into problems like those extra polygons you have around the sides of Vanillite's face.
Except for the shape on the top, Vanillite is symmetrical, so the geometry should also be symmetrical.
As someone told me, to keep in theme with the models presented thus far, don't model parts unless they legit bulge out.
For example, the diamond shapes on the side of Vanillite's face, you MIGHT wanna bulge out like you have there. but the eyes and mouth are flat, so you wouldn't wanna model them.

Things to keep in if you decide to remodel:
The shapes on Vanillite's face are more of a diamond shape, as opposed to the sphere...oval...shapes you have there, though personally i prefer the ovals. But gotta keep it looking official :(
The shapes around Vanillite's neck are a fair bit larger than what you've got there
I'm sure you've used this image as reference before, but this is just so you don't have to go and find it to confirm what i'm saying :P
| Show

Vanillite's body has a diamond patern to it. This does indeed make for a bit of a more challenging model for a beginner, but i don't doubt you can do it :)
| Show

As for texturing, if you're confused and kinda wanna toss a brick at your computer screen after giving it a shot (not saying you didn't do well, but if you DID just vertex paint it, then something needs to be done :() Ask DragonsPainter, a user here on the forums, to help you out :)

tkgamer18 wrote:The model looks vertex painted. It has to be uv mapped.

That's not necessarily true (bout the vertex painting)
I can see where you're coming from, but having a super simple texture map and vertex painting are basically indistinguishable in a render like this.

Edit: Oh god so many emoticons! GAH!
JOIN THE TEAM