By EvilDusk
Caedem wrote:I know I am being very specific, and I doubt i will find a server with everything I want. But here is what i'm hoping to find in a server, and if anyone can tell me a server that is close, I would appreciate it.

Survival/Free roam to build own base
A few towns with poke center / shops / gyms
population of at least 15
No lag
good community

You just found yourself a server with all of the above, try pixelmon.obscuros.net

By Gong
#110634 This is what I'm looking for:

24/7 Server with latest Pixelmon.

Mature and active community.

Survival.

No teleporting / free items besides maybe a pokedex or something to start with.

No vote begging / rewards for voting.

Also, I've found a lot of servers have really strange battling rules. Usually these are made by people (usually gym leaders) to give themselves an advantage. For example, no held items when battling - you can bet he probably has Acrobatics on all of his Pokemon. Something else that's really popular is type or level limits on gyms. This is Pokemon guys, it's a strategy game. Please don't restrict gyms by types or competition by levels, as it kills the spirit of the game.

That's about it. Mostly vanilla survival Pixelmon server with an active and mature community, no teleport / free item cheats, vote begging, etc. Basically, something like the PixelLeague server I guess.

Edit: ^ After looking through posts and checking out servers for about a week, apparently this doesn't exist. It's kind of mind boggling; why do people want to play on these servers where you're just given any shiny pokemon you want? What happened to enjoying the progression and actually working for stuff? I could accomplish what 95% of Pixelmon servers do by loading up a real Pokemon game and cheating myself in all the pokemon at level 100.
By Red_Trainer
Roark196 wrote:Ok, this time I'm looking for a small developing server. I'd like to build something, but on other servers it keeps getting griefed. It has to be Pixelmon ONLY, mostly 24/7, maybe no whitelist(optional), and ways to keep thieves and griefers from their crime. Does someone have a tutorial to make your own Server? I'm sure there will never be a Server like this , but it's good to try.

( I'm just angry that good servers: Died, Have Block Lag, Griefers, and/or Custom NPC's)

Check out pixelmon.obscuros.net

it has factions as a tool of protection and any griefing gets handled right away as its not allowed by any means. (thats in case you invite a griefer to you faction) plus it has both Kanto and Johto regions for exploratino aswell and more interesting things like Celadon Game Corner for example.
By ToAd399
#111027 Hey guys!
Im looking for a server thats well maintained with mature and helpful staff that do not abuse their powers, for example changing warp points because someone has built a shop right on the teleport area and the admin changes it just to cause trouble!

Its hard to find a good server when some servers offer rewards like coins and candys for voting for them which bumps them up the ranks and all the good servers that dont need to do this are right down the ranks list, so this is why i created this post to find them awesome servers with great communitys that dont need to bribe players into voting for their server! Me and a few people on the pixelmoncraft server was treated horribly by the owner/co owner and their admins, to the point where myself and another member vowed never to go on that server again even though we had donated money to it and loved being there!

So we are on the look out for servers with..

-crafting allowed(with crafting tables to create tools,pokeballs etc)
-to not lose items on death(saved inventory)
-mining for materials to build your house and make things is allowed
-can claim land for free with the golden shovel that no one can build on or take stuff from you chests without your permission
-gyms with badges to be won

thats all i can think of right now! please any servers reply with as much information as possible!

Thankyou ;D
By Dwindlin
Cgags1789 wrote:Still looking for a server in need of a builder with server building exp. and nothing but time. I can send you links to my builds. I have quit a few. Just pm me asking for links and I will send them. If you like them then send me an IP in the next pm and I will hop on.

We are currently holding a competition for builders to complete the Hoenn map on our server, check out http://pixelbuilt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=29799 for contest details
By Driftkin23
#111620 Hi there ToAd399
Well were can i start, I started my own place because of all those reasons you list and many more.
I have played in many servers and honestly i have never felt welcome nor helped, played in one where the owner would not care about the server pretty much all players would run the place, another where the owner once again didn't care for the place and would just get something and close the place re open and close all the time so i decided to get a few friends from the same places i played in and we created Kanto League Pixelmon server and been at it for three months and so far we are still growing. Small community but i can honestly say the best from what i have see we arent perfect and still need some more additions and work but you will feel welcome always someone to tell you welcome to the server to all new players and wb when you join back to game. we do have some things that makes us unique like our four in one elite arena, we have gym leaders and need a couple more, safari zone, spleef, pvp arena,(just incase you are bored) factions, eco in game, legendary on, you get a thank you shiny for joining us, keep inventory, 8 cities with shops on each, training academy for faster leveling, over all i think we have a great friendly and family feeling to our server please join us and hope you find what you are looking for. my site its www.kantoleague.enjin.com and ip for my server its s33.hosthorde.com:25697

ToAd399 wrote:Hey guys!
Im looking for a server thats well maintained with mature and helpful staff that do not abuse their powers, for example changing warp points because someone has built a shop right on the teleport area and the admin changes it just to cause trouble!

Its hard to find a good server when some servers offer rewards like coins and candys for voting for them which bumps them up the ranks and all the good servers that dont need to do this are right down the ranks list, so this is why i created this post to find them awesome servers with great communitys that dont need to bribe players into voting for their server! Me and a few people on the pixelmoncraft server was treated horribly by the owner/co owner and their admins, to the point where myself and another member vowed never to go on that server again even though we had donated money to it and loved being there!

-can claim land for free with the golden shovel that no one can build on or take stuff from you chests without your permission

thats all i can think of right now! please any servers reply with as much information as possible!

Thankyou ;D
By ToAd399
#111644 Thanks for the replies guys! them servers arent for me, I should of been more specific but im looking for a server where i can use the gold shovel plugin to claim land and i dont want to have lockette on there because i dont want to have to put a sign on any chest to allow someone to use it! would love to just have the /trust command so when they are trusted they can build,craft and use my chests without all the signs everywhere! Also i dont want pvp just pokemon battles!

Ive been searching for over a week now and cant find a good server so i was leaning towards the whitelist/private server that IS NOT roleplay or atleast not strict roleplay!

Am i dreaming of this server? or does it really exist? :D let me know!
By EvilDusk
ToAd399 wrote:Hey guys!

Thankyou ;D

From the look of it you've been playing on servers owned by kids, hope you find your server.
By ToAd399
#112348 Its not the fact its owned by kids its the fact their maturity level isnt right to run a server! ive known great servers run by kids! i hope i find 1 aswell its driving me crazy i havent played for nearly 2 weeks now as ive been searching!
By EvilDusk
ToAd399 wrote:Its not the fact its owned by kids its the fact their maturity level isnt right to run a server! ive known great servers run by kids! i hope i find 1 aswell its driving me crazy i havent played for nearly 2 weeks now as ive been searching!

Well, if you don't mind claiming land with factions you could at least try out this: IP: s15.hosthorde.com:25641

/f claim will protect the chunk you are standing on. /f autoclaim will protect chunks you walk by do it again to disable /f autoclaim.

In my eyes is easier than the golden shovel.
JOIN THE TEAM