By peachi3xx
#57027 [center]Image[/center]

[center][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXiHhu5Tz0[/youtube][/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

It’s going to be tough, immigrating to some nowhere continent to the south of who knows where. There is literally one city on that whole patch of dirt: Aurelia, the Golden Cty of Opportunity… That was the name of the place.

You take a glance around the deck as inconspicuous as you can, shrug once and lean back over the rails.

Like everyone else on the ship, those travel ads drew you in like a hypno’s charm. A new land to explore, pixelmon to discover and opportunities out the whazoo. That’s what they promised. Heck- even your aunt took the shot, grasping at it with those spearow like claws she called nails. You’re hopeful, ‘cause if an old hag like her could become a pixelmon trainer, you’re already a gym leader.

But as your sweet old lady at home would say, “At least my sister is letting you stay till you got both feet planted.” Heh. I have no doubt that the moment I get my partner, she turns me out like yesterday’s paper. A debt repaid in her books.

An eager voice snaps you back to the present and you lazily arch your back into a stretch before turning to acknowledge him with a tip of your hat. Joey’s a good kid from a good family but, oh boy does he need a nice gal to cool his jets.

“Excited ‘bout what?” You ask.

“Just overheard some sailors talking about seeing land soon. When I get my hands on some pixelballs, the first ones gunna be a rattata…”

You stopped listening after he said “land,” ‘cause there it was in front of you, beckoning you with naive hopes and unfulfilled dreams. The green horizon breaks through the morning fog as rays of sunlight kiss the ocean tides. A flock of wingull fly just overhead, revealing a soft rainbow peeking through the crevices of a storm cloud on its final days.

You’ve got a good feeling about this place. You know it’s going to be unlike any adventure you’ve ever faced.

[center]ImageImage[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image
Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Custom texture pack made with love and care.

Emphasis on serious roleplay. Truly live in the world of pokemon!

World painted map. 4000x6000 blocks of tamed wilderness.

Forum & Wiki So the RP doesn't have to stop when the game is closed!
[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]
Aurelia Boardwalk. Anyone up for some BBQ slowpork? | Show

Stop! It's hammer time! | Show

Get a comfy government job at the city hall! | Show

Nurse! I need some assistance! | Show

Just around the riverbend~ | Show

Human destruction will not thwart this acorn | Show

Pine forest? Pine forest! | Show
[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

Copy and paste below:
Code: Select all—General Questions—
Minecraft Username:
Tell us a little about yourself:
What is roleplaying?
What is meta-gaming in your own words?
What is power-gaming in your own words?
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?:

—In-Game Lore Questions—
Describe the 1950s in your own words:
What is Pix Co.?
What is Team Noir?

—General Character Questions—
Full name:
Personality:
Biography:
Ambitions:
Favorite pixelmon:
Skin:

—Open Response Questions—
You are walking along Route 2 when your eyes lock onto another trainers' in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. What do you do next?

[center]Image[/center]

[center]How do I join?
Thanks for the interest! Head to our forums and put up a whitelist application on the forum~

What is serious roleplay?
Toro League is both an online text-based RP and forum RP server. Roleplaying in the Toro world requires the participant to assume the role of a trainer and, both collaboratively and spontaneously create stories in-game. This requires players to role-play within the rules and guidelines unique to the Toro League World.

Coupled with the Pixelmon mod and Minecraft, Toro League is the setting for a fictional Pokemon world where players can role-play community development, exploration, and personal stories. Gym leaders, nurses, police officers, reporters, mayors, villains, breeders, builders, miners are only a few examples of the possibilities!

What is Pix Co. and Team Noir?
http://toro-league.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pix_Co
http://toro-league.com/wiki/index.php?title=Team_Noir

What setting is Toro League?
Toro League is set around our mid-1950s. Hard-boiled speech is highly recommended. Search "Images:1950s" in google to get a feeling for this post-war era.[/center]

[center]For more questions, visit our website: http://www.toro-league.com[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Website: http://www.toro-league.com
Peach (That's me): [email protected]
Griff (That's my husband): [email protected][/center]

By peachi3xx
#57403 [center]Image[/center]

Sneak peak of the first page of The Toro Times. The Toro Times is our in-game newspaper that'll keep you up to day on all the in-character events.

(What's meta-ing when news is easily accessible by your character?)
By peachi3xx
#57422 Thanks for the interest! We've worked extremely hard over the past couple months.

Have you applied for whitelisting on our forum? The application can be found by following the tantalizing button below~

[center]Image[/center]

There's a bit of imagination at work but you can learn about the story on our website.

Thanks again!
By peachi3xx
icedrago255 wrote:Seems like a very interesting and fun server, can you add me to whitelist icedrago255

Hey icedrago. Thanks for the interest!

We'll need you to finish a white-list application before we can add you. This is to make sure you understand what roleplay means.

Example of an accepted application
Spoiler:
Full name: Kyra du Mont
Physical Description:
She's propped up a good 5 feet tall. A gal that looked as weathered as a oddish after a storm. She gave off a stench of smoking-too-much and a look of don't-bother-me when I'm drinking. Both have taken a toil on her. Her brunette hair is tied hastily in a bun and to finish her mismatched looks, she wears pink accents; a ribbon here, pink shoes there.

Personality:
She was once a bright-eyed young lass with an outburst of optimism- now she's just another one of the thousands in the city. She spends her days off at home with her blinds tightly shut, leaving her room only to get a drink of water from the tap. On a normal day after work, she spends them at the local pub in Aurelia, washing away the dullness of life.

Biography:
She immigrated from Kalos at the age of 22. Her family still resides there where all her 3 sisters and brothers have begun their own families. Nieces and nephews visiting were a norm. Oldest in the family, she decided at a tender age to become someone. Immigrating to Toro was her opportunity to make it big, to become a pixelmon trainer.

First, she found work as a simple bank clerk- managing small transactions and four years later, by chance, she met the enigmatic Mrs. Watanabe which changed her course forever....

Ambitions: None. A dried well cannot be filled by a hydropump.

Favorite pixelmon: Psyduck

Skin: Image

You’re walking through an open field when your eyes lock onto another trainer’s eyes in the distance. You both freeze in place. What do you do next?

Kyra pauses and stares back at the other trainer. Not because she wants a fight but because she's taken by surprise. Battles don't often find her way into her lap.

She licks her lips and reaches for the pixelball at her waist with dramatic, suspense filled movements.

"Go Psyduck! I choose you!"

Here's the application. Copy and paste it with your answers!
Code: Select all—General Questions—
Minecraft Username:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?:

Full name:
Personality:
Biography:
Ambitions:
Favorite pixelmon:
Skin:

You’re walking through an open field when your eyes lock onto another trainer’s eyes in the distance. You both freeze in place. What do you do next?
By LlamasAndCookies
#57865 Your really good at pulling players in, professional like stories and sentences. I'll make a whitelist app and hope for the best, and will the server be survival? I prefer it over adventure but i'll still play.
By peachi3xx
LlamasAndCookies wrote:Your really good at pulling players in, professional like stories and sentences. I'll make a whitelist app and hope for the best, and will the server be survival? I prefer it over adventure but i'll still play.

Thanks! We've tried our best to be as professional as we can from story to website to forum and I'm glad it shows.

The server is considered more survival than adventure. You won't have direct, confined routes but an open world to explore. Towns and cities are built and run by players but that won't be until the main city, Aurelia, is full and lively with players so we can create a central RP zone.

Can't wait to read your application!

Zariu wrote:man... I don't think I have enough time to play in such a serious roleplay now, but this looks awesome. Great job ^^ hopefully I'll have more time at a latter date and be able to join

Take you time and join at your leisure. We'll be here, working away... compelling you with frequent updates.. :twisted:

LightAdept wrote:Applied on your website. I cant garuntee i'll be able to play often, but that might fit my character better anyways.

In case you didn't see on our forum.... =]
[center]Image[/center]
JOIN THE TEAM