By Sportsfan666
#60977 [center]Image

(This awesome banner made by Hammyster, one of our server owners. ^_^)

Image[/center]

[center] I'd like to present to you, the Aykeron region![/center]
This region was founded by a handful of users from our community, each member contributing to the server's creation in various ways. The community itself began about three years ago, in the summer of 2010. Throughout the past three years, we have had quite a few servers - ranging from a classic CTF server to a premium SMP server. After many years of server experience, we are proud to present our Pixelmon server!

[center]General Information[/center]
If you didn't catch it above, the server IP is pixelmon.acherongaming.com. If you have any issues connecting to the server, you can talk with me and I'll try my best to help you. I'd hate for any of you to miss out on our server. ^_^

I will check this thread quite a bit, but the best way to get information/updates about the server would be to check our forums. Registering an account is pretty easy, plus having one will better your Acheron experience. You can partake in server discussions there. Users are also required to register on our forums to apply for a rank. Our forums link is http://www.acherongaming.com

If you have successfully installed Pixelmon, you won't need to install anything else to play on the server. Thanks to this simple setup, new users can log in without much hassle. However, we do have plugins that add to the enjoyability of the server. This is a 'survival' mode server, but you can't take damage by most means, and you don't lose hunger. This is so players can focus more on the mod.

Currently, there are a couple of ways to earn money on the server. We have a lottery plugin and an auction plugin, both relatively simple to use. The lottery allows users to buy tickets, which gives them a chance to win the combined ticket sales from that drawing. Auctioning allows users to /auction off unwanted items in exchange for cash. This allows more of a player based economy. We also have Pokemarts in each town that utilize SignShop to sell items to players. (I am planning on finishing all of the shops today. ^^)

To protect our users from grief, we have two plugins to prevent it. We have the Factions plugin on our server to allow users to claim chunks. This plugin also encourages players to work/live together, which makes the server more friendly and close-knit. The second plugin we use for grief protection is LWC. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this plugin allows you to /lock your personal chests, furnaces, doors, etc. When locked, no one else has access to them unless you grant them access.

[center]The Region[/center]
Most of the time we spent preparing the server was spent working on the towns. There are a total of eight so far, each with their own gym, Pokemart, and Pokecenter. The cities were built mostly by their respective leaders, but overall, it was a group effort.

Amaryllis City is the first city players encounter in their Pokemon journey. The grass type gym located here is lead by Bulbmin, a veteran of Acheron who really likes Bulbasaur.

Kirikama City is a city located in the jungle. The city is surrounded by a few poison type Pokemon, which makes sense because poison is the gym leader's specialty. This gym is ran by Todd525.

Burgice City, like the name suggests, is located in a Taiga biome. The gym leader maVERYck prefers using ice type Pokemon.

Azurine City is a city made mostly by Pinheadd, the psychic gym leader. It's located in a swamp, so watch out for the Arbok.

Hikari Island is a small secluded island that had been overrun by Shellder until recently. The gym leader Ruby770 specializes in electric type Pokemon.

Pastopolis City is an underwater city that is protected by glass. The gym leader, Mel321, has an array of water type Pokemon on his team.

Wonowon City was constructed entirely by the ground type gym leader and veteran of Acheron, TehW101P. It is located in the desert. Rumor has it that he lives hidden near his gym, waiting for challengers to approach.

Ignis City was founded by Smunches, another user who has been in the community for quite some time. His fire type gym warps you from the city in the mountains to another hellish dimension. As this is the final gym you face, his team has a surprise in it.

[center]The Staff[/center]
Along with the gym leaders, these players help moderate and improve the server. They're all friendly and willing to help players in need. ^_^

Jimbilljohn is one of the three owners of the server. Along with his normal duties, he's fairly skilled in most of our plugins.

Hammyster is another one of the three owners. She's pretty artistic, so it's nice having her around. She also has experience moderating on another of our servers.

Sportsfan666 (me!) is bad at describing himself in third person, so he isn't sure what to put here. He is pretty well known in the community, and he's also helpful when he's not busy.

Andilitox is the current manager/owner of the community. There aren't many issues that he can't fix, and he's super reliable.

Chelliephant is another veteran of Acheron who has held various ranks over the years, including the rank of Universal OP. She's an awesome moderator, so she should be able to handle most/all disputes.

TehW101P was mentioned briefly above in his city description. Out of all of us, he is probably the user who has been in Acheron the longest. He is also one of the current owners of our CTF server.

[center]In Closing[/center]
I'm sure I missed a few details in this post, so feel free to post any questions. ^_^ Our community is friendly, and we'd love for you to be a part of it. For those of you who decide to join, I'd like to personally welcome you to Acheron Pixelmon. :D

Update! If you'd like you get a better look at our server before joining, you can check out our livestreams! Of course, you're welcome to check them out even if you're already a player. If you'd like to be featured in this post, just post in the thread ^_^ I'll temporarily list the players below until we have a more 'official' spot in the post.

http://www.twitch.tv/Hammyster

By Sportsfan666
Dfmotty wrote:This server is well developed and has the perfect structure if you are looking for a fun time and a place to build a home to call your own. The community is great and I would recommend this server to pretty much anybody ;)

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to see new users feel welcome. ^_^

(The poster above Motty is one of our owners, if anyone was curious)
By Dfmotty
Sportsfan666 wrote:
Dfmotty wrote:This server is well developed and has the perfect structure if you are looking for a fun time and a place to build a home to call your own. The community is great and I would recommend this server to pretty much anybody ;)

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to see new users feel welcome. ^_^

(The poster above Motty is one of our owners, if anyone was curious)

Yeah any time! Its great to find a server with a community as welcoming as this.
By Sportsfan666
AnDwHaT5 wrote:Hmm very good owner and has a very well thought out spawn and made use of customnpc's well.

Thanks for the feedback. ^_^ We actually use a plugin called Citizens instead of custom NPCs, though. Players only need Forge and Pixelmon to join the server. There are a few mods that we discussed adding, but it makes the server easier to access for most users if they don't need to install more mods. :)
JOIN THE TEAM