* Latest Version of Pixelmon
* Loot accessible to everyone (that is, everyone can loot it once)
* Constructed world (either an "adventure world" built by the admins or a community-made series of towns and public places)
* NPC Gyms (it would be nice to see player gyms in addition, but this isn't very important to me)
* "Wilderness" in which players can build etc.
* Build/town protections for your area as well as container protection
* No Minecraft PvP. Pixelmon PvP desired
* Friendly community with casual battlers. I'm not put off by hardcore people, so I don't mind if they're present, but I just don't think I'm ever going to get that in-depth with the mechanics to be able to compete with them. I just want people who can make a good team comp with smart move choices and don't go all out with the EV training etc.
* Active mods
* Minecraft mobs. Ideally, I'd like to see standard MC mobs (hostile and passive) spawning in a world alongside the Pixelmon, but I would settle for passive mobs and pixelmon in one world and hostile mobs in another. As long as it's easily traversed.
* A plot or world-building in the case of an admin-constructed map. Some sense of purpose or overaching goal to work towards besides catching all the pokemon. I've done that like 4 times already.
* A way for a "tourist" to easily visit other player's towns. Be it a server-wide fast travel system (like pre-built warps or bus stations) or a list of towns that you can warp to via commands
* Spawning system that makes trading worthwhile. At least SOME pokemon should be rare, but not impossible to find. That way trading is encouraged, but not necessary if nobody has any spares.
* Biomes 'o Plenty. Not necessary, but since it supports Pixelmon, it's a nice addition.
* Quests are nice, but probably one of my least important things.
Ideally, I'd like a world where the player-owned plots feel like a part of the core world, or at least an easily accessible other region. I want to try and find a server that integrates Minecraft and Pixelmon more closely.
I'm aware that it will be hard, if not impossible, for any one server to meet ALL these criteria, so please feel free to post servers that are 'close enough'. Please do not post Oblique. I've already played on it. It's well-done, but failed to meet some of my personal expectations which is why I'm here in the first place.