Forum rules: 
  • Do not post servers with hacked versions of Pixelmon, Technic modpacks, or cracked Minecraft. Your post will be removed and you will be banned.
  • Bumping a topic without meaningful discussion should be limited to once every 7 days.
  • Don't make a general post where you ask to be an operator/leader. If you want to be one, make an application on the server where you want to be one.
  • If you make a post about your server, don't give it a generic name like 'new server' or 'Pixelmon server'. We'll ask you to change it or remove it entirely.
  • Don't attempt to hire any server staff here. Use the Looking for Staff forum instead.
  • Don't use caps lock. The only attention it'll get you is that of the forum moderators.
  • Don't make more than one post about the same server. Players will join, so don't advertise it on a lot of posts.
  • If you want your topic removed, put 'remove this topic' in your title so we can see.
  • No advertising on other servers.
  • No advertising 3rd party services.
  • Stick to the rules, and have fun playing!
By FemboysandBread
#211156 I saw there's a really old post for this from mania years ago and honestly, it's a great idea as an optional plugin people can implement into their world and or server.

On the server, I currently play on (Tunkmon whitelisted server) there is an issue with AFK players taking up the legendary spawns while in their AFK machines. The server owner wants to fix the issue but also doesn't want to make the process of hatching eggs even more mundane/annoying. This would be a great compromise!

Just like the original post said, I think it would be best to make the hatching time of eggs in the incubator based on how many steps it would take to hatch the egg. An alternative would be different tiers of incubators that are increasingly harder to get/craft and the teir of the incubator defines how long the egg takes to hatch.
(NOTE:These numbers should probably be able to be changed in settings)

As long as this is kept as an optional plugin/option for worlds and servers I can't see how it would negatively impact the game and fix the ever mundane issue of hatching eggs. Should note I agree with the original post saying that the time it takes for an incubator to hatch an egg should be longer then how long it would take by running around constantly.
(NOTE: Again the exact number should be able to be changed in settings somewhere)

This would fix an issue fans even in the offical pokemon games have (Cough cough rubber bands over joysticks cough cough)

JOIN THE TEAM