By JamieS1211
#151144 The lag would not be real. Your PC would just crash point blank. That fur image took hours to render and your PC would have to render that 30 times per second for each pokemon.
By TheGameAce
#151150 Not with a good enough computer Jamie :P Shell out like 6 grand for a computer (and do it right) and that won't happen.
By JamieS1211
#155334 I would need more like 20 grand

Also

By SPG
JamieS1211 wrote:I would need more like 20 grand

Also

you're doing something wrong if you need 20k to do that
By JamieS1211
#155339 To do that I don't, but I want to be able to play with 50 million hairs each with 20 segments and to fiddle with springiness, stiffness, mass etc. while doing a physics sim. In short I want to be able to put got fur on pokemon and render video footage of them running around with the hair whipping in the wind.
By SPG
JamieS1211 wrote:To do that I don't, but I want to be able to play with 50 million hairs each with 20 segments and to fiddle with springiness, stiffness, mass etc. while doing a physics sim. In short I want to be able to put got fur on pokemon and render video footage of them running around with the hair whipping in the wind.

well you'd be best off doing that in a game engine instead of blender or maya since you'll need sli or crossfire. You'll also have to have Hairworks or TressFX. coming in at around 4-8k depending on what you get
20k is what you'd be looking at if you were including all the useless peripherals in the price
Last bumped by JamieS1211 on 27 Sep 2015 13:07.
JOIN THE TEAM