By Il_Lupo
#78547 Working on a new project involving animation. This will appear for a few seconds the beginning, too quickly to see the errors (hee hee) followed by a special Pokemon that some of you may recognize. I will update this thread with progress as I go; I'd appreciate some feedback, as this is my first real project involving animation. :D

EDIT: And heeeeeeere is the special friend!

By Burgy
#78573 Add a few frames in between those and make the frame rate higher and I'd say it's perfect.
By Il_Lupo
#78576 Uhh... fil rames? And thanks for the advice :)
By Rzxa
#78628 Can we suggest on what to add?
By Il_Lupo
#78635 Sure, I'm open to ideas :D
By karrybird
#79281 if i may offer a critique, i do have something to say. :)
when the wings beat down, it's waay too fast. in real life the wings would catch the air causing the wings to beat down slower but rise up faster with less resistance.
seems you got the speed here a little bit backwards. XD
i could also say that the tail should not be moving so much since it's supposed to aide in the flight, it seems to be more of a hindrance with it flailing like that.

also the fact that the legs are completely frozen looks a little bit off.
By Il_Lupo
#79295 Yeaaah, the legs.. eheh. And, in answer to your points:

What you say is right if the flying animal is able to fly as it normally would. This decreases wind resistance and optimizes flight in a way that doesn't exhaust the animal. However, if panicking or in rapid flight, while flying upwards, the animal's wings would rise more slowly and flap down very hard and fast, to gain as much height as possible in as short a time as it can manage. This Lugia is attempting to fly upwards hard and fast, expending more energy than it really should but panicking too much to slow down and conserve energy. The flailing tail was inspired by the feathered tails of birds, though obviously Lugia isn't feathered in that way. It's straining every muscle to go upwards, flying in still air with no thermals, so it's attempting to use its tail to catch the air and push it down beneath it. Logically, it probably wouldn't work, but in the context I offered it should make some kind of sense.
JOIN THE TEAM