By Oisin
#165297 To my knowledge, there is no way to use the Masuda method of breeding to get shinies, but I was wondering how it could be implemented, and I thought of such an idea as this, Shiny Dittos. When a shiny ditto breeds with another pokemon it is compatible with, the offspring has a 1/512 chance of being shiny, similar to the games. Shiny dittos are extremely rare and finding one normally means you just have a fancy ditto, but now this can change! Using this method Shinies will be a lot easier to acquire, especially for pokemon such as, beldum, riolu, starters etc. Hope you take my idea into consideration, and may the odds of shiny hunting be ever in your favour

-Oisin.

By JeanMarc1
#165301 Except that is absolutely nothing to do with Masuda method. Masuda Method has nothing to do with the parent being shiny (a parent being shiny doesn't affect shiny chances), it's by having both parents come from a game with different languages. That isn't really possible, and I think that instead they just reduced the boost to 2 times, but the parents just need to be from different OTs.

Although it would pretty cool if the Masuda Method multiplier could be changed in the config file.
By Some Body
#165312 As said, your proposed method has nothing to do with the Masuda method and appears to just be wishing to make Shinies more common. This will not be implemented.

The actual Masuda method would be too easy to exploit in Pixelmon due to the ability to instantly change languages in Minecraft.

The breeding Shiny rate is tied to the normal Shiny rate, which can already be changed if you want Shinies to be more common. It is not necessary to make a separate config option for the breeding Shiny rate.
JOIN THE TEAM