By MoeBoy76
hi_death wrote:*EDIT* Apparently we have the latest version and it DOES work, but you have to run a command whenever we start up the server, which isn't intuitive. Second, the spawning biomes for pokemon doesn't feel complete (as I went through the file myself).

uhhh, that doesn't sound right, it should happen by default

and yes, it isn't complete since the list is from early 1.7, if you want to compile an updated list i will be more than happy to add it

By Thexare
#166985 Ambiance uses BiomeDictionary tags as one way to configure its music.

If SoP were to implement this sorting option, I'd suggest three sets of tags for each Pokemon - "All of the following", "One of the following", and "Does not spawn in the following". With this setup, Gastly could show up in any biome that has for example Forest and Dense tags, or any biome with the Spooky or Dead tags, with the exception of any Nether or End biomes.

I believe this setup would also make SoP automatically compatible with all biome mods, but I may be wrong. This is part of why I'm interested, in case BiomeBundle gets a 1.8 version down the line.

I am well aware that this would probably be stupidly complicated to implement, unfortunately, but I've had the idea stuck in my head for a few days now.
By MoeBoy76
#167119 just an update, i'm currently in the process of setting up BiomeDictionary association but i will also be keeping the old way as an option, this means the you will have to copy anything from /config/spawnofpsy.cfg into /config/spawnofpsy/legacy-biomes.cfg and change the setting "useLegacy=false" in /config/spawnofpsy/spawnofpsy.cfg to true

EDIT: 2.0.3 still has the first load empty config bug (it wasn't happening in dev) but i've isolated it and now the config loads data later but i won't put out a new version till the new config is done, however, 2.0.3 fixes /sop reload not loading changes so that's why i won't hotfix it
By MoeBoy76
#167316 i hate to double post but i feel this needs people to give input

1) the new config that uses BiomeDictionary Types looks like this: https://gist.github.com/MoeBoy76/104966254d5d32d46d29

2) it would be a big help if someone would fill in the data for all 410 Pixelmon into this file: http://moeboy76.com/downloads/BiomeType ... atcher.csv
and then post it here so i can ship it with the new update

3) i've been having issues fixing /sop reload for the current way, it keeps overriding changes with the default/loaded values so unless i can figure it out then restarting will be required to update spawns
By Febilian
#167850 I'd be willing to fill in the data if said data already exists somewhere and just needs to be put into the correct format, but I'd need some instructions on how to do it correctly. Formatting of the file/examples of such besides just the zubats in there, where I'd find the information to plug into the file, etc. Like, would it need to be done by examining the existing spawn biomes of every Pixelmon on the wiki and then sorting them into the relevant biome tags, or would it entail something else?

I'm not a veteran user of Pixelmon or this sidemod, but I do have the time to do this kind of task, and I'd want to do it properly if I attempted it. Plus it'd be really great to have compatibility with biome mods in general... and if something I can do would help speed that up, then I'll try to help.

Basically, I'll volunteer to do the grunt work if I'm told how to do it properly.
By Febilian
#167891 As an OS X user I certainly hope it makes it to the downloads page. ;P While I can technically go use the launcher to get it by re-booting into Windows and then bringing it over to my OS X partition again through Finder, it's kind of a pain.

EDIT: How long does it typically take for a sidemod update to appear on the launcher, by the by? I don't know how it all works, and I would like to know when a reasonable time to check for it might be, if at all possible.
JOIN THE TEAM