By Oisin
#166254 Pokemon ranger is an amazing, often overlooked game, and one item in this game is a "Styler" This item is used by drawing loops around pokemon to capture them (Obviously, you can't capture trainers pokemon), I had an idea for this in Pixelmon. So, you find wild pokemon and you "capture" them with the styler,(This could be done by spinning the mouse around, a minigame with the keyboard, anything really) then a pokemon would walk over to you, and do its assigned task (Based on types or species), for example a wild Salamance temporarily allowing you to fly on its back, a wild raichu striking the current spot with lightning, anything similar to that could work.

By Oisin
#166256 Sorry for the odd method of posting this, in short

Pixelmon Stylers, using minigames to work only on wild pokemon
Pixelmon do useful things once captured using a styler such as allowing you to temporarily ride it.

Hope this can be implemented!
By AuraWalker
#166690 I've thought this idea would be an interesting add on myself (heck i already posted it under their other suggestion area before seeing this) but I've been having a hard time trying to figure out what could be done to make an interesting way of playing without making the work of the trainers on the server more difficult/annoying at this point the Gigaremo from Shadows of Almia is pretty much the closest i can find to create an interesting experience for the ranger without causing to much trouble for the trainer.

the idea for the Gigaremo would be this, it would be placed by a Dim Sun Grunt (one per NPC) that would make wild pixelmon around it automatically get swapped to a new status i'd call "controlled" where they'd initiate battles with all trainers on sight and refuse to join the ranger. the Gigaremo could be broken with a pickax but a ranger would have an easier time getting rid of it as, just in the game, pixelmon assisting the ranger are not classified as wild giving them immunity to the Gigaremo. also recall though that after they would assist the trainer in bringing down the Gigaremo they'd return to the wild (or in this case despawn).

just adding on to the thought
JOIN THE TEAM