By IncorporealityTV
#166530 I'm sure many people are familiar with Pokemon Showdown. Their competitive battles use a system of mods that keep people from abusing overpowered aspects of battling (for example, sleep clause allows you to put one of the opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time).

Personally, I'd love to use a side mod that brings similar features on the server I moderate on.

By Zetsumi
#166731 As it stands, the system is still somewhat incomplete compared to the games: we don't even have all the Gen2 Pokemon yet, not to mention moves, abilities, ect. A lot of the clauses could be difficult and time-consuming to implement even if the system was in a state of near-completion. So this is something I don't see as being viable, at least for the time being. There are SOME that could be implemented, such as the sleep clause, restrictions on certain moves such as swagger, double-team, ect. But that begs the question of at what level would these clauses become involved - would they be a server-wide setting, or simply a configurable restriction on player-vs-player battles? Would they be consistent, or would players have the option to have no-holds-barred battles even if the server provides the option to use clauses?
By Some Body
#166748 All moves, Abilities, and Gen 2 Pokémon are implemented already and have been for several months.

Most clauses are relatively simple to implement. I will likely being throwing them in whenever I decide to work on adding team preview. This would be in the main mod as having a sidemod would be clunky for something like this.
JOIN THE TEAM