By Yolstramir
#166617 I grew up playing the Pokemon games, as opposed to watching the show. A lot of yall probably know, in the games, each species of pokemon has its own battlecry (similar to how a dog would bark or a cat would meow).
I think a lot of players would better welcome the battlecries instead of the pokemon saying its name. (it'd also be more natural for some, as a dog doesn't say "dog")

If this is implemented thoguh, it should be client side, maybe a toggle button between a pokemon's cries or its name.

By yoru-san
#166623 Theres an issue with the copyright of the sounds so I guess they wont add it. Some time ago there was a community member here who made a soundpack (which i use) with pokemon cries for an older version of pixelmon but I wont tell names or dowload link because of said copyright. You can google it though or try to convert and add the audio files yourself. I'd like to help you more but I haven't figured out which .ogg converter works for pixelmon myself, yet.
By MrMasochism
#166709 any ogg converter should work fine. I've used a few different ones and they all worked. And yes, we won't add any pokemon assets to pixelmon, we also need you guys to make sounds for us so if you want sounds in there make some!
By Zetsumi
yoru-san wrote:Theres an issue with the copyright of the sounds.

The biggest issue. The modmakers need to protect themselves from legal action (Which would result in the mod being taken down, therefore, in everyone's best interests.), which is why the audio files used for pixelmon saying their names are obviously not lifted right from the show. Battlecries are no different - they need to be original. They can be 'suspiciously similar' to the ones used in the actual games, but they cannot use the existing assets or be created by modifying the existing assets (At least, if they are to be supported by the mod in any official capacity). So this suggestion would be contingent on the community generating the assets themselves.

Personally, I like both, and see no reason why they can't work together perfectly. Battlecries could be added to the audio clips each pokemon can say alongside their existing ones as they're created. Sometimes your pokemon will say it's species name, sometime it will let out a roar, and fans of both are happy.
By yoru-san
MrMasochism wrote:any ogg converter should work fine. I've used a few different ones and they all worked.

Which converters did you use? I have used 3 different ones including an online converter and when I put the sounds into the pixelmon.jar ( I named them exactly as the existing sounds) they wont be played... Sounds from the soundpack I mentioned earlier did play after adding them the same way, thats why I thought the convertes made the wrong .ogg codec or something.
JOIN THE TEAM