By Soros
#167593 I've been playing pixelmon fo a long time and one thing that i think that negatively afects gameplay is the enormous dependance on finding a town.
This is because in order to heal or revive a dead pokemon one must give it to the pokecenter (in towns) or sleep. But sleeping is not an option, since one needs wool, and mareeps are not that common.
In order to solve that i think it would be a nice idea to be able to give food to the pokemons so they would slowly regenerate health while not on a pokeball.
It could also be a feature to make a pokemon sleep in order to revive or to fully recover all the health left.
This last thing could be done by putting a pokemon out of the pokeball and telling it to sleep via a keyboard key. The pokemon would remain in place and could not be able to battle. Of course this feature would mean that a sleeping animation have to be done for every pokemon.
It would mean a lot of work, but i think it would be very worth and the overall gameplay would be highly improved

By SKyTheThunder
#167602 I agree that it takes a while to get started the way it works currently. You either need to go hunt for Mareeps or dig for diamonds before you're able to heal.
Implementing a "resting" feature or something is too much work and balancing though. Currently you can't even send out fainted pokemon - which makes sense, considering the only thing they'd do is lie around uselessly (+ animation).
A quick and easy solution would be to give each player a bed upon first spawn.
By SKyTheThunder
#167607 That again would be a huge amount of code work.
Should it change your spawn location to the closest Village? That would probably screw up the Nether portal alignments and other spawns - even if it was within the next 5000 blocks... Or should it spawn a Village at your spawn, no matter what? But then you might spawn in an Extreme Hills, Swamp or Jungle biome and the Village would be all over the place and nearly unusable... Or maybe always add a Plaines biome around spawn? Then you'd need to manually adjust the biome map before it starts generating terrain - and it would probably screw up the transition to the original terrain...
If you want to spawn in or near a village you could also search for a suitable seed using services like MineAtlas. That's what I did. ;)
By Some Body
#167608 This isn't really necessary; your opinion of desirable difficulty differs from other people's. Reviving a fainted Pokémon should not be as easy as carrying around stacks of food, and forcibly spawning in a village artificially limits your starting biome to the select few that villages actually spawn in.

If you don't like the process of finding a healer, it is trivial to just customize the experience to suit your own needs by spawning a healer at your spawn point. Alternatively, you can look for Bug-type Pokémon that drop string or enable vanilla mobs to gain access to sheep.
By Soros
#167706 Hmmm... i see your point, it would be really difficult to do and maby not everyone desires such implementation. Anyway, i think being able to tell your pokemon to sleep would help having a more advanced interaction and pokemons wouldn't feel so empty
JOIN THE TEAM