By Shaduun
#168476 Hello,

My suggestion is simple, a backpack, like they have in the pokemon games (heart Gold/Soul Silver mainly) for holding the item for pixelmon exclusively.

basically the pouch will automatically take the pixelmon items from the player inventory and assign them to the their respective slots, pokeballs, TM/HM, etc. which would still be accessible by the player either through an assigned key, or an icon in the players regular inventory, so they can access items used in crafting recipes or use items on their pixelmon, either directly from the backpack like in the games, or the way that they are used now.

the bag itself would need to be crafted, and could be stored in a new equip slot on the player like the baubles mod does, and would be visible on the players model.

like the games the bag would technically have unlimited storage, being limited to only 1-99 (or 64 if wanted) of each item ( again, it can only hold pixelmon items) ultimately giving the player more inventory space to collect the random things that catch his/her fancy while adventuring.

limit 1 per player wearable at a time -- items stay in the backpack when it is removed or stored.

**Optional thought**
could also have teirs for the bags, so small teir only has room for 10 items, medium 25, large 50, and ender - unlimited

Cheers,

Shaduun

By PigLover1202
#168509 This sounds like a good idea in theory, but you could easily download the Backpack's Mod as well. I don't find it necessary for the devs to go out of there way and make something brand new when players can just download another mod to add them entirely.
By SKyTheThunder
PigLover1202 wrote:This sounds like a good idea in theory, but you could easily download the Backpack's Mod as well. I don't find it necessary for the devs to go out of there way and make something brand new when players can just download another mod to add them entirely.

This was the devs' answer to this suggestion multiple times now. I doubt it will be implemented. Maybe a Badge Case or TM Case - those got positive feedback from one or another dev - but no complete backpack.
By Xynar
#168560 Link to a Backpack Mod/Plugin? The most popular one is very dodgy with 4.2
By Xynar
#168635 None of these are compatible. Kinda common sense that I would try the popular ones before asking..

Anybody else have anything?
By Shaduun
#168684 The main reason I suggested the backpack feature similar to pokemon games was because the backpack mod is finite in space, and it would be more compatible with battles to have one in the mod, where the item submenu looks only in one area, instead of each individual backpack or inventory.

the main feature would be that it would automatically store all the pixelmon items directly into the bag, thus freeing the inventory for everything minecraft/other mod related, tho now that i think about it, it might be better to have it as a sub mod, would just need to make sure the IDs match the original, I wonder if forge can assign Items by name instead of IDs, would be alot easier.
By MoeBoy76
Shaduun wrote:The main reason I suggested the backpack feature similar to pokemon games was because the backpack mod is finite in space, and it would be more compatible with battles to have one in the mod, where the item submenu looks only in one area, instead of each individual backpack or inventory.

1) in most of the games you actually have limited storage
2) only the player's inventory is searched for items (this is done at the start of the battle, hence not being able to use anything that people drop on you when in battle)
By Shaduun
#168749 My bad, I thought the bags in game were only limited by the item #, not number of items, but on the other note, does the item check in pixelmon search other inventories inside the main, like the backpack mod?
JOIN THE TEAM