By DragoniteMan
#168572 I'm not sure if this is planned or not but external moves are really fun! Water gun would work the same way a bucket does where it places a block of water in the spot you are targeting if the Pokemon has the proper water type move. The bucket-placing-water code already exists in vanilla Minecraft so I imagine it is not too hard to implement. This move feels necessary since there is already a fire version of the move in the mod and it would balance it out.
Ice beam would work by targeting water (maybe lava too) and freezing it turning it into solid ice (or obsidian if it is lava). Maybe it could make snow if you use it on solid ground. These would be really cool! Thanks for reading!

By SKyTheThunder
#168588 I wouldn't really use it myself, but I'm not against it either. In mincraft water can be more destructive than fire though. If you acciently used the external move, fire is pretty easy to get rid of. Water on the other hand usually finds its way and continues to flow even after you destroyed the source block, destroying torches, farms and railroads it hits...
By DragoniteMan
#168612 Hmmm you're right. Maybe the intensity could depend on the move then? The same way as with fire. Like having a simple Water Gun would just put out fires (without placing water) but if you have something like Hydro Pump then it will actually create a block of water. Since Hydro Pump is a harder move to obtain it will be less likely that people accidentally grief themselves. These are just ideas, though I suppose the two most simple answers would either be the adding a setting to the config file or just not implement it.
I've also seen that in the Vanilla code there is actually a different block for water and flowing water. The water block doesn't flow unless you place something next to it I believe. A stationary block of water would be a lot less deadly!
JOIN THE TEAM